Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Hopefully bikes in the U.S. will never have HID lights. Halogen lights put out more than enough light to see by and be seen. Many cars here have them, and there appears to be no restrictions at all on them. I have been blinded many times by them. And unlike bright halogens, your vision does not return to normal for several seconds longer. Looking at HID headlights is basically the same as looking at at someone arc welding. They work the same. There is a reason why you have to wear a dark hood while welding. Continued exposure to HID lights will cause eye damage. You can wear a dark tinted shield or dark glasses in the daytime, but that is not possible at night.

·
Administrator
24,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
imported post

JerryH wrote:
Hopefully bikes in the U.S. will never have HID lights. Halogen lights put out more than enough light to see by and be seen." No they do not, as good as 1800 headlights are I still could not see well enough at night until I installed HIDS and I have a lot less instances of drivers not seeing me in the daylight.

"Many cars here have them, and there appears to be no restrictions at all on them. I have been blinded many times by them."

Do not look at them, I know your eyes are drawn to them like a fly to a bug zapper but look at the fog line on the right when you meet a vehicle on the road.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.