Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Recently, I took my 2012 'wing to my dealer to have the intercom checked. When speaking into the microphone, the radio would not mute. I tried all of the setting (high and low) but nothing would work. I am using a J&M headset (both front and rear) that I have successfully on prior wings.
The dealer told me that the old headsets would not work as HOnda had made changes for 2012. I checked with J&M (great company) and was informed that not only were there no changes made since 2003, but the owner himself was using his old set on his personal 2012 with no problems. I then checked with Honda America and they had no information on any changes made to the 2012.
So, can anyone enlighten me as to why the dealer would say that? Does anyone know of any changes?
Thanks for the help,

Dr. J Popa:?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

There are no changes to the intercom for 2012, and previous headsets will work fine.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

Ted is right. The only difference is in the CB connector under the saddle. There is an adapter available to make the older CB fit the 2012, but that has no bearing on the intercom itself.
If your mute is set to work when talking through the headsets and won't do it, there is something wrong.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

"So, can anyone enlighten me as to why the dealer would say that?"

Because if you believe it, he will not have to spend any time or effort trying to repair it.

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
imported post

That is strange. I have the older J&M Sets and I have had no problems, except my coiled cable had a short in it and I had to replace it. When it was acting up I also had a problem with the auto volume. After I replaced it I had no more trouble. So check your cables!

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Maybe the dealer is employing technicians that do not understand electronics or their previous mechanical knowledge was being an oil changer at Wally World last week.

Most likely is "We can sucker this guy into buying OEM stuff."

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Intercom is the same, and all the headsets and cables should work. My guess is the mute setting isn't adjusted right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.