Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking everywhere but posting here as a last resort. My 2013 has a belly pan. I don't know whose. Even though I bought and installed it myself I just don't remember and there's no markings on it. I was looking at it the other day and noticed that one of the two twist lock fasteners the hold the little front flap in place was missing. I'm trying to find a replacement fastener but I don't know exactly what they're called other than twist lock screw fasteners. Anybody know the correct name for these or a location that I can purchase then. I know there's not much to go on but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
My 1500 had a removeable panel like that, it had sheet metal screws that stripped out so I install nutsets and used truss head machine screws to hold it on. I am in the process of making a heavier aluminum sheet metal belly pan that is a heavier material on my current 1500. Will be using same method to hold filter access panel on. Dzus is the proper name of the fastener system you are looking for. If you know anyone in aircraft repair/maintaince, fairly common there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put the belly pan with the dzus type fasteners on my 06 was bought from Wingstuff check with them on replacements

1 - 4 of 4 Posts