Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I press the rear brake pedal and release it the brake light will not go off. I removed the right side cover by the rear master cylinder and pushed down on what looks like a brass plate and this reset the light switch. When I press back down on the rear brake pedal, it happens all over again. This only happens with the rear brake pedal. I tried spraying some electrical connector cleaner on it but that did not do anything. Can the tension on that plate be adjusted to put more pressure on it? My bike only has 3500 miles on it so far. Surprised this would happen already.

·
Premium Member
55,719 Posts
Aren't you still under warranty.. Take it back to the dealer

·
Unofficial Youtube Addict
2,603 Posts
Maybe it needs adjusted?. My rear brake pedal switch wasn't working and I fussed with it until I thought it might be bad. Played around with it some more and turns out it just needed adjustment. I cleaned it up and its working perfect again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My front brake switch also stuck. I pulled it out with a dental pick, DW-40'd it and no more problems. Someone suggested I use silicone lube on it, I will if it happens again.

·
Administrator
24,412 Posts
Yes there is an adjustment, the double nut on the push rod.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
The plate that contacts the switch is held on with two screws . . Loosen them and move the plate until the switches work properly. The double nut on the rod adjusts the height of the pedal. I had to adjust mine after the brake recall. The pedal was about an inch too high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.