Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
UPDATED 04.10.14: The school district did a turn around and changed the dates of our 2015 spring break... dates have been revised to reflect this.

Okay... all you Horny Toads... (and you KNOW who you are!) The school district has posted a tentative calender for 2015 and it looks like this year Spring Break is gonna be about a week later than normal. That'll make things warmer for everyone.

The opportunity gap for the 2015 Spring Ride is: Saturday, March 7 thru Sunday, March 15.

At the last full meeting of "The Toads" in Las Cruces, there was a motion that we return to the Big Bend Region of Texas. A unanimous vote was taken and various liquids were imbibed. Hear, hear!

So that's that! March 7 thru 15, 2015 probably in Alpine, Texas...

Location and lodging to be announced soon...

For all you, snow bound Yankees, or anyone in the forum, the Texas Horned Toads would like to extend a warm invitation to come join us in west Texas... see [B]Big Bend National Park[/B] see Kokernot Mesa, the Marfa Lights and ride the magical river road (FM 170) between Terlingua and Presido.

We strive at all times to offend anyone and everyone as equitably as possible. We do not have leaders or followers, we just have fun! We do not care what you ride, who you are, how you vote or who you sleep with. We'll take all ethnic types, bikes, lifestyles, religions or political alignments.

Seriously folks... come on down... we'll barbecue and will get DrifterTex to pick "sum gee-tar!"

T

"You do what you have too... then you ride!"
Debbie Cole

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Count me in T, let me know where the bed is, eh. You said somewhere in Alpine I think.
N

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Where in Alpine?

N
Talked to The Antelope Desk Lady on Sat 07-26-14 RE reservation of a room for 03-07-15 to 03-15-15 or there abouts. The kind lady said the manager will contact me as she was not aware of the M&G. No mention of $$ as the group rate was unknown to the Lady.

T, let me know when you guys aim and anchor down routing info as I will plan around your lead. As mentioned before weather allowing, I wish to push on to NM and AZ.

Had a great time with all at #7 and booked for #8 as well.

The Hawggy / Huggy Team along with my neighbors Mike and Tammy all enjoyed the fun too.

I'm back at home in rainy FLA where it's in the mid to high 90Fs with heavy rains and really appreciate that new front E-3 as it performs well in large puddles. Also it built a big comfort factor of "climbing up" on the new asphalt lane without assistance. Normally I attack such lips at a hard angle, not feathering AS I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS THERE, (night & wet) (used another of my 9 LIVES)

N

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a reminder that if you do not have reservations at The Antelope Lodge you need to make them...

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Just a reminder that if you do not have reservations at The Antelope Lodge you need to make them...
Thx for the reminder T to check my earlier reservation made in July.

No record of my reservation, so one is on record now with credit card info accepted.

I plan to be at the Antelope as programmed above and may continue west into NM after, all predicating on the weather. Speaking of weather, I expect it may be rainy and colder as I'm told the Farmer has predicted a repeat of last year.

Best,
Ned

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Hi all you Tx Toaders,

Really trying to make it out this spring and reconfirmed my reservation with Antelope Lodge, Alpine a few minutes ago.

Hope all had a great Christmas and a Happy NewYear too.

Best,
Ned

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alighty...it has been a long time since I have been on this board...

We are going to rally in Del Rio on the 8th and will be arriving at the Antelope Lodge on the 9th. We have an extra economy room if any late comers want to join in!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Hi all,
Weather permitting (no snow / ice thank you very much), I will be Butting it to Del Rio.

Where and when is the meet up, as mentioned by T in Del Rio? If I miss, see you at the Antelope.

Best,
Ned

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.