Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2016 GL1800 and was wondering why the exhaust doesn't come out past the rear of the saddle bags. My 2007 they did. I can't seem to find extensions that will bring bring them out past the saddle bags,if someone knows something let me know.

Thanks!
Kenny

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
450 Posts
It's because Honda used the same mufflers and extensions as the previous models.The bags on the 2012-2017 are longer. I found a pair of extensions from an F6B. They are longer and clear the saddle bags.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
450 Posts
I actually lucked out. I found a set being sold on one of the sites after the owner put turn downs on his.
Bought both for less than the price of one.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Thanks. The price of this stuff is outrageous :mad: If u wanna dance u gotta pay for the music as the saying goes.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
450 Posts
If you are going buy them NEW, make sure you get the chrome ones if you have chrome on the bike now.The 2013 and 2104 had chrome ones. I think they changed them to black on the '15

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I took the plunge, bought new turn downs, what a difference! Looks really cool.(y)

·
Administrator
59,022 Posts
Well I took the plunge, bought new turn downs, what a difference! Looks really cool.(y)
this is a matter of personal preference.
I took the turn downs off, hated them. they caused the exhaust to reverberate against the pavement.

I want the bike dead quiet.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well we put about 250 mi on the wing since I put on the turn downs on and haven't noticed any difference?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts