Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new '16 GL1800. 1500 miles. Just noticed the throttle side exhaust, I believe its the heat shield. I noticed a small gap between the front and back. Wasn't there a few days ago. Didn't hit anything, no falls. The clutch side is fine. I have enclosed photos. I am hoping there is a way I can loosen something, push fwd/back, and tighten. Any help please.

TJ

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is the gap the same size the whole way around?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I have 2016 Honda goldwing and mine is the same. Small gap is very annoying! Have looked at it and everything is tight. If you find a fix please post

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got this from GL1800 Riders forum. Havent tried it yet but it makes sense and the author has a '16 as well. If you try it let me know!!! lol Im jsut trying to confirm what bolts to loosen. need to se a pic maybe, cuz im old...

TJ
Here it is:

Have had the same problem with my blacked out 2016. Need to loosen muffler clamp bolts and remove aft muffler bolt, wiggle muffler around in a circular motion motion and with a block of wood over the rear of the exhaust hammer the wood to drive the muffler forward to close the gap. Make sure the tab for the cover is all the way seated. Tighten the clamp after installing the rear bolt and then tighten the rear bolt. Easy pezy

Billy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts