Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I really thought the mothership would bring something new to the table for 2016, but that's not to be.
http://m.powersports.honda.com/model/street/All Products/gold-wing/2016/colors

Does anyone think Honda will ever add some "new" tech to the GW? I mean Honda has electric windscreens and Bluetooth in other models - why wouldn't Honda want to try and keep market share from going to others like BMW and HD?

That said, I'm really liking the new metallic gray/black model and I may likely get one before year end.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That has pretty much been their MO since the first Goldwing hit the stage. They make tiny changes until the new decade model. This is why they hold their value. If Honda remade the goldwing every year, the opposite would be true. This is not like a new iphone that comes out and everybody has to have the latest. There is a huge difference in the price of a phone and a new vehicle. Most think of a new ride as an investment that will return many years of enjoyment and when a major change catches their eye, it's nice to know you will get a lot for your trade in.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Even still they can come up with a few more color schemes for the XM ABS 29 Gs . ONE COLOR You got to be kidding ! Other than the Red the other two just don't cut it LOL

·
Registered
243 Posts
I will say this...I had an '09 BMW that had the electric windshield and even the electric center stand. Also had a fully decked out Electra Glide. Both those bikes are gone now and I only have my 1800. Neither the BMW or HD are even close to the Goldwing when it comes to a heavyweight touring bike. I guess I like my bike so much that I hope they never change!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks like my red 2013 still remains current. Mines a keeper.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,654 Posts
My '02 runs like, performs like, a brand new 2016 Goldwing.
Why should I get rid of it?

It has all of the features on it now that I want.
The 2016 does not have any of the extra features that I want.
Dave and I have spent untold hours modifying this bike.

No, don't think so, this one is better than new.

It even has a "Brand New" alternator :rofl:, what else could I ask for?

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,631 Posts
30 GRAND for a new bike!!!!
Can buy a mountain getaway cabin for that!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
30 GRAND for a new bike!!!!
Can buy a mountain getaway cabin for that!
That's what I said in 1985 when the LTD was new 10 K was a lot of money for a bike back then

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
The one area I agree that they should really upgraded is in the Bluetooth/electronic area. Most of their cars have that capability so I can't figure out why the wing doesn't have it. Another area would be going with an automatic or CVT transmission. A lot may scoff at that but they continually try and put the no shift tranny in other bikes in their line, but not the wing. I personally think there would be a big demand for that type of equipped wing. The trike crowd would like it for sure, but so would a host of other folks.

It doesn't surprise me that they haven't upgraded the look other than different paint schemes, the way demographics are going there is little interest or money in selling motorcycles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.