Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Join Rick as he travels from WingStuff HQ in San Clemente, California down to Woodstock, Georgia and visits Traxxion Dynamics. Rick was invited by Traxxion owner, Max McAllister to come get the suspension upgraded on his brand new 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour DCT Model.

Rick already feels that the 2018 Gold Wing is the best handling Gold Wing he's ever ridden, but like any Gold Wing rider, is always on the look-out for ways to improve the ride even more.

ALSO...Check out this quick vid on the Traxxion Steering Lock Pin:

·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
I'm not convinced it needs it at all.

I have the Traxxion suspension on my 1800 and it is too hard to be comfy at moderate speeds.

Once you get up to 70 and faster, then the Traxxion springs are nice and make it feel planted, as that guy said.... but at medium to slow speeds, they beat me to death.

·
1,634 Posts
I'm not convinced it needs it at all.

I have the Traxxion suspension on my 1800 and it is too hard to be comfy at moderate speeds.

Once you get up to 70 and faster, then the Traxxion springs are nice and make it feel planted, as that guy said.... but at medium to slow speeds, they beat me to death.
I dont have any stocks in this compagny , but i dont think you are fair to Traxxion .
You have to try their "full monty" and you will for sure see an big difference !
Their complete system is WERY comfy at slow to medium speed and also more "sporty" on high speed (all compared to the Honda OEM system ).
The only disadvantage i can think off , is that the fork somethimes ( but seldom ) , buttom up on slow speed and WERY rough terrain .

·
Registered
627 Posts
I upgraded the suspension on my 1800 to the "full monty", front and rear. Was a considerable difference between the OEM softening suspension and a suspension worthy of the 1800. The 1800 is a wonderful bike and the OEM suspension is not designed to last forever, it gets soft. When I did my research regarding the 1800 for touring, two issues were always commented on, suspension and tires. The third one was the area in the cockpit for taller riders. Addressed the suspension issue with the upgrade, and the cockpit area ergonomics with a custom seat fitting. Tire longevity was addressed with the suspension upgrade and the use of beads and/or Ride On Tire sealant and balancing formula to balance the tires as the tire wears. Static weight balancing does not account for tire wear over time.

Suspension upgrades are not inexpensive and for this reason, I believe people do not do them; however, suspension is the only item on the bike that keeps the tires firmly planted on the road, enhances ride quality and performance and could be considered a safety issue.

You also have to have rode your bike with out any suspension upgrade to appreciate the difference, this goes for any bike. The other issue with suspension, or any other issue with your motorcycle is that a lot of people address the symptoms and not the issue. May be less expensive, but the underlying issue never goes away, but will get worse.

Thinking out loud.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts