Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new here. I have a 2018 goldwing tour. I’m having transmission issues. I haven’t had any problems or indications of issues that could come up. The bike will not up shift. It feels like when shifting there is nothing there. I can down shift then retry upshifting harder. This worked a couple times. But then after down shifting it would not upshift again. The linkage seems fine. I will be getting ahold of the dealer tomorrow. It has 4,900 miles so still under warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Hello and Welcome. Sad to hear you have problems with a brand new bike. I have no answer for you either. Is this the six speed or dual clutch automatic?
I hope the dealer takes care of this quickly and permanently.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
There has been issues with running boards and heel/toe shifters on Goldwings. You do not have those by chance?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,768 Posts
It must have an aftermarket set up if it has "linkage".

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I had a similar problem when I worked on oil or something on the left side,looking forward ( what you saying Dave?)
The tupperware wasnt set properly and I could not upshift. I have floorboards and hill toe shifter

·
Administrator
26,576 Posts
If it hasn't been modified like with a heel/toe shifter take it to the dealer. That's what warranties are for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. No modifications at all. It is the manual six speed. Calling dealer this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts