Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't usually make it through one of these type videos, but as he has been a lifelong HD rider and mentions which HD tour bike he just traded in on the 2019 DCT, I followed along to see what he says.

He seems to be very impressed. What I was watching though, was the tachometer. It does not vary much, in fact percentage wise, it is acting just like the tachometer on my little Piaggio MP3 scooter which is a CVT tranny and also no clutch lever to mess with.

I was unable to detect when the DCT shifts by watching the tachometer, now that is smooth.

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
It's so childish to think ill of someone to buy a brand that's not "cool". The dis a guy because he doesn't have to use a clutch anymore.
I see his dealer duped him into the "600 mile service". Gave him a 20% off coupon for something it doesn't need.

·
Administrator
59,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah,
I thought the same about that 600 mile service...
purely a profit maker for the dealer, the bike does not need it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The DCT doesn't waste any time shifting thru the 7 gears in the mode he had selected, does it?

·
Administrator
59,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The DCT doesn't waste any time shifting thru the 7 gears in the mode he had selected, does it?
Nope, it does not.
that was what I watching. The RPM just did not change all that much.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
When I bought my new wing and the dealer said to bring it back in for the 600 mile service I asked him to show me where in the service schedule it shows it requires that. Of course he couldn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts