Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen 1 just like it drive right in front of me at a stop light. At first I thought it was a new variation Harley till I looked at the engine. I knew, I knew in a heartbeat it was a Gold Wing.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have to admit that it looks pretty cool. However, I have found bikes with just saddlebags, while they look good, are a pain to carry stuff, like helmets, groceries, etc. Versus bikes with just a trunk, that look goofy as hell, but are great for transporting items. So I would go for the Goldwing tour model for sure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the whole thing in a nut shell is to do a transformation to my '86. I'm also in the process of doing a paint over of the fairing, body panels, and bags to more visible higher intensity color other than black.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Seen 1 just like it drive right in front of me at a stop light. At first I thought it was a new variation Harley till I looked at the engine. I knew, I knew in a heartbeat it was a Gold Wing.
I like it.

I would want a center stand for turn arounds, and I'd like a removable travel trunk so the bike could go from bagger to tourer easily. I might would use reverse.

But, I'm off two wheelers for good I think.

Well the whole thing in a nut shell is to do a transformation to my '86. I'm also in the process of doing a paint over of the fairing, body panels, and bags to more visible higher intensity color other than black.
I've seen some done really well …

·
Administrator
25,551 Posts
It's missing more than just the trunk.

If memory serves, also the center stand, reverse and maybe even cruise control.
The 2019 goldwing has all those things I think, the former F6B did not.

·
Registered
648 Posts
All DCT models have reverse, manual trans on the non-tour doesn't. Tour also has the electronic adjustable suspension. I don't see a center stand in the photos, but Honda doesn't mention it, except on the tour model. Cruise is on both.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I took a Demo ride on a 2018 DCT, I would like to own one in a heart beat. If I was not so old, I could not ride it long enough to get my money's worth out of it. The new model Goldwings are works of art and I don't care how big the Saddle bags are I could get by with them. The bike was a dream to ride and handled like a rocket. JMO Smooth as silk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts