Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Senior Moments!
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Miss Daisy and myself made it home safe and sound.

What a wonderful time with our Rhino family and a great tribute to those Rhinos that have gone before us....

Until we meet again....................

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Great time at the Wild Rhino Memorial Ride!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
I used to follow this thread all the time. Glad to see it back.
I used to follow this thread too. Now I still used to follow this thread. :wink2: Seriously, I used to follow this thread. Now I still used to follow this thread......0:) Welcome home!

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
The Canadian Contingent of the Wild Rhinos is bad and back too.:badgrin: There's Kanwings, then there's the Canwings, Soon to be Officially Sanctioned by Master Rex.:bow:

:congrats:

·
Senior Moments!
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The Canadian Contingent of the Wild Rhinos is bad and back too.:badgrin: There's Kanwings, then there's the Canwings, Soon to be Officially Sanctioned by Master Rex.:bow:

:congrats:
Cannedwings???

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Attachments

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
I'm gonna set up this pitch real slow, , ,right over the plate for ya, , so lets see if you "hit it outta the park', , , ,

Whats a Wild Rhino???

Sounds interesting, , ,
It didn't look like you got a proper response to the question, so here it goes. A long time ago there was a few GW riders in the Wichita Ks. area that started riding together. About the time that "Wild Hogs" was released the name "Kan Wings Wild Rhinos" was attached to these miscreants. Their style of get togethers became popular. Soon there was riders from other places coming to ride with them. This Web site was the gathering point for the group prior to Facebook. They were instrumental in starting or assisting in some major Meet&Greet events.
There is no formal organization, no dues, no formal meetings, although there is a Initiation to be a full member.
There are now members across the country, Canada, Ireland, and probably some others.
Check out the FB page "Goldwing Wild Rhinos"
There isn't large rides, just whenever we can get together, most try to keep it to small groups.
There are some scheduled events: Memorial Ride in the Spring; Midwest Meet & Greet on Labor Day weekend, this year in Harrison Arkansas; Rhino"Q" in late Sept, a Birthday BBQ party; Christmas party in January, in Ottawa Ks. Nobody has ridden to that event ...yet.
When Steve Saunders owned this web page the Rhino event page was the most watched thread on the site. With over 30,000 hits annually. After the page was sold things changed and the group moved to Facebook. Things have changed here on the site, as well as within the Rhino membership.
The membership here is some of the best friends I have. They will come to your aid if things are not going your way.
Come to the M&G for Labor Day. Some awesome riding with great people

·
Old School Guru
7,886 Posts
Hoping to see a lot of Rhinos at the M&G in Harrison, AR Labor Day Weekend. I don't get out as much as I used to, and miss my friends. I will try to behave myself this year.

Gene:grin3:

·
Administrator
58,748 Posts
To follow up on Scott's post mentioning Facebook,
the Labor Day get together is also hosted on Facebook at this link.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2144542549142348/

We have an uproariously great time, if it is at all possible, do come.
if you need camping arrangements, those are available at https://www.harrisonvillagervpark.net/

I talked with Vicky Barr just yesterday, to verify my reservations there.
she had a Silverwing that she rides a lot.

·
Senior Moments!
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Attention, Attention all personnel!

The annual Wild Rhino Memorial Pancake Breakfast and ride is now scheduled!

It will be May 1 to 3rd, 2020 at the Windsor Crossroads Motel in Windsor, Mo.

Here is all the information!

https://www.facebook.com/events/394414401261041/

That is all.........

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
I like pie......

Details for the 2020 Rhino Southeast Meet and Greet will be coming soon!

Charleston, SC
Creekwalker will be your host for this year’s event

·
Senior Moments!
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Premium Member
12,729 Posts
I didnt do so good in math cause they kept tellin me Pie R Square . It never made sense ;)

Id take Pie round or square . mmm Pecan , KeyLime, Apple, French Silk, mmm did I mention Pecan or lemon mmmm now ya dont got me hungry lol

·
Senior Moments!
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Oh my goodness! Haven't had Key Lime pie in like foreverrrrrrr.............

Now we be both hangry......

·
Senior Moments!
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Who the devil brought up pie, anyways...........?????

>:)>:)>:):x:ROFL:

·
Senior Moments!
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Why would i want a 'Key' in my pie :surprise::surprise:
Well, John.... if you don't like keys in you pie............... then how's about cheese on your apple pie....??

"Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze...."

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Must have ala mode with my apple pie.......

41 - 60 of 68 Posts