·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope to have it on the trailer tomorrow or Monday

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Thats a true survivor . I hope your keeping her intact . Nice piece of history .

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may likely keep it forever.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
What a relief - I thought it was you. Great looking, nothing like a naked 'Wing. I'd keep that one even if I was unable to ride, it's just such a great looking bike. My neighbor has a beautiful '78 in his garage. I've often told him if he has a fire I'll save his bike then think about getting him out.

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is setting on my trailer outside. 30,000 original, its as nice as it looks, Cost me a 74 Z1 project bike, and $100 in gas. Also included is a brown 83 Standard, with 29,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
That sounds like a really good trade, that Ltd. is a beauty.:claps:

Did you get the bits that aren't on it, in a box of bits, or are you needing to source those separately?

And now you are telling us you got an 1100 in the deal too!!!! Unbelieveable. :shock:

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it had been bagged, and I got those, matching painted Vetter fairing and bags. no grab rail but I have one. original front signals and mounts in the boxes, and scads of other pieces, like the shields, more chrome, etc. Since it now is basically free to me, having traded for it, I will never sell it. what I will do is mount every piece of chrome I can find anywhere from that time frame onto it. I am putting a set of 1100 carbs on it until I get the originals done right. and yeah its that nice. I am a happy camper.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
No!!!!! Please don't smother that beauty in chrome bling, she is like a beautiful woman, she doesn't need accessories to tart her up. :praying:;)

If you must throw chrome at something, do it to the standard 1100. :)

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
...thief. :(
You're just a thief.
Now redeem yourself and give me that bike.
:)

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Beautiful bike, and somewhat rare. IMO it would be a shame to change it form stock, but it's your bike. Just PLEASE don't cut it up. That is NOT bobber material.

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would not ever consider any thing but stock with maybe some chrome. I have a rolling light show already. I promise everyone here will approve of everything I do.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
A Scott Squirrel and a Ariel Red Hunter are what I would keep stock. Perfectly stock.
...and a Munch of any kind.
Everything else is a gamble, so good luck. If you stray, don't worry. You won't let me down. :)

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I just oiled and rolled both bikes. jumper cables and WD40. Both engines haven't a tick in them, and tremendous compression. :raspberry:
they sound like new. I have the identical 83 I got 3 weeks ago, that looks like new, with a blown engine, and all those parts are going onto this 83 bike. :claps:

Yaaahhhoooo!!:ROFL:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Sometimes you win, sometimes not.
...video, Video, VIDEO!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
very cool

·
Magic Moderator
4,864 Posts
The 1976 Limited a rare Wing indeed, awesome find and it looks good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.