Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a red, 1979, GL1000 for $250.00 for a real nice guy here in florida. it was a california bike so it's rust-free and someone repainted the thing and it looks great. not running though but the guy said that it's the ignition switch and he has a good one that he gave me to install. once i do that and check the oil & water and go through the carbs, i should be able to get it running. the bike only has 19K on the odometer so it should run very well. it needs tires and the brakes are totally dried up. i hope that the calipers aren't rusted. if i can get this behemoth on the road, i'll sell my other bike and ride the wing for a while.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,497 Posts
Hallo dragstra

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
Good luck with your Wing.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:dragsta

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Hello and Welcome . Thats a very nice looking wing . I hope you have it running soon and get many miles of enjoyment .

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
wings

i just bought a red, 1979, GL1000 for $250.00 for a real nice guy here in florida. it was a california bike so it's rust-free and someone repainted the thing and it looks great. not running though but the guy said that it's the ignition switch and he has a good one that he gave me to install. once i do that and check the oil & water and go through the carbs, i should be able to get it running. the bike only has 19K on the odometer so it should run very well. it needs tires and the brakes are totally dried up. i hope that the calipers aren't rusted. if i can get this behemoth on the road, i'll sell my other bike and ride the wing for a while.
i also live in FL and restore older goldwings so if you need info email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks! had to rearrange my garage so haven't started on the wing yet. where can i nab a PDF repair manual for the gl1000? i don't know diddly about these bikes.

thanks Guy. i'm in north port, south of tampa where I75 takes an East / West plunge.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts