Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi Guys,

I was on here quite a while back sorting out my SEi and excessively rich fuel usage. Went through long list and finally got a replacement TPS (throttle position sensor). Bike has been running well and thanks for all the advice. However, I am smelling a bit of raw fuel and suspect the bike is still burning a bit rich. It does run well, aside from smell of raw fuel upon acceleration. Is there any means for adjusting it given the computerized nature of the bike? Or, is there another potential problem here? Am still getting about 300 kms to a fill, so doesn't seem to be an excessive fuelproblem.

Also, the compressor runs well, but pumps no air. Someone sent me a link last year on addressing issues with the compressor, such as plugged filter, lines etc. Still got a link to that issue?

Many thanks,

Chuckster

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Sometime the lines from the compressor break up and leak the air out.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

WOW!!! A 2986 model!!!

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

82gl1100iwingman wrote:
WOW!!! A 2986 model!!!
Oh be nice :D You should be able to do a forum search and come up with the link for the compressor issue... theoretically.

On the fuel issue, you say you smell "raw fuel"... do you have characteristic black smoke/soot? Or is just a smell? Could it be somethin' dumb like a bad seal on the gas cap?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.