Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can get a 2way headset so when we ride with out helmets we still can talk bike to bike sincerely Roger H.

·
Administrator
58,944 Posts
Some states ban headsets completely. If they are in the helmets they are out of site and the LEO's may ignore them.
Link to the laws:
https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/
Properly designed headsets will NOT impair you from hearing outside noises.

My helmet is fitted with EdSet speakers and does not keep me from hearing things around me.

what I noticed the most in that article, is the banning of earplug type audio speakers. those will block outside noises.... with the exception of a few high end models that are designed to let you hear normal sounds around you.

the little cheap $5 earbuds? very dangerous, don't wear them unless you are in bed.

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Some states where helmets are not required and riders still want to communicate to each other. I have seen a couple.
Well, one does face choices in life. :wink2:
Even if not required, why not wear one? I just don't understand the reasoning. A helmet is a very comfortable way to wear headsets, help protect hearing, protect the scalp from sun & the brow from the bugs/bees/etc, and they are a great way to incorporate eye protection.

Back on highriderzr2guy's question though, I have never looked for such a product. Ear buds are not a viable alternative IMHO as they will dominate the ear and isolate it from other sounds … sounds that may be important. Besides, be illegal here.

A handlebar mounted CB rigged with PTT switch on left handlebar and a throat mike would do it, just use CB speaker and use NO earbuds … on each bike. I could even come up with a schematic for that.

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
Well, one does face choices in life. :wink2:
I'm not saying I would not wear one, I always wear one, no matter which state I'm in. But I have noticed that states that do not require helmets the majority of riders do not wear them.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dr some that asked why I don't wear a helmet. Here is why about 7 yrs ago had neck surgery a bone back put in place and a few disc fused together. The weight of the helmet makes my neck sore after riding for a couple of hrs. Now you know the rest of the story. Good Day lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts