Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go those extra miles. Holds 3 gallons, and mounts inside the right saddlebag on any GL1500. Easy Mounting. Comes with 3 gallon tank, new pump, fuel line, electrical hookups, aux. switch, and the gas tank adaptor that goes over the main gas tank plus a new gas cap. I get 36 mpg highway, and I have rode from Gatlinburg to Atlanta, and then to Gadsden, Alabama, with 2 gallons left over. (This includes the 1.3 reserve). Also, I've rode from Gadsden, Alabama to Panama City, Fl. without having to fill up before coming back. The Total fuel capacity with aux, tank is 9.3 gallons, compared to the average 6.3 standard tank. Also, you can add fuel when its at its lowest prices. Also has inline cut off switch, with a great gas cap. Easy filling too. Asking $200.00 plus $25.00 Shipping anywhere in the USA. Sorry. No international sales. If your interested, give me a call at 256 553 09 one two, or email me at [email protected]. This is a very lightweight, thicker than usual, aluminum unit. Keep going when no one else can! God Bless, David

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:praying:Sorry, I got the price wrong. so easy to make a typo. David

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Pic's Please

Could you post a picture of what you are describing

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Yes can you lease add pictures. Installed in bag and uninstalled would be great.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I have no idea how far apart the places you traveled to are.
How far can you go with this?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just rechecked this post. I can get now roughly 120 mpg extra mileage with the carb sync. I will try to get some pics up soon as I can.
Thanks,
David

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
I just rechecked this post. I can get now roughly 120 mpg extra mileage with the carb sync. I will try to get some pics up soon as I can.
Thanks,
David
120 MPG EXTRA..!?!?! That's amazing....

To address the question "How far can you go?"
Depends on your fuel consumption rate...MPG (Miles PER Gallon)
You are carrying an extra 3 gallons..at 40 MPG that is 120 MORE miles....:action:

:readit:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Curious how it feeds the tank on the go. Can you show a picture of the gas tank adapter?

I carried 6gal in a boat tank on my 4x8 trailer back and forth to California, still on my trailer LOL

I would have used the tank 2 times on that trip if I had set it up for auto feed on the fly. People always ask how far between stations where we ride, well that is not always the only concern though it can be a big concern at times. In the desert out west this last trip they were far enough apart at times to make me uncomfortable a couple times.

Also
At night I got low on fuel crossing some desert and ended up getting gas at some town that was way too high priced. Instead of the normal $3.45 or so I been paying it was $4.09!!! I bought it as it was better than risking running out and I did not want to mess with manually transferring my spare gas at the time. About 20 miles up the road it was $3.79 and when I got to Kingman it was $3.29 as I recall. Yep, if I could have used my spare gas I could have filled both tanks in Kingman and saved about $0.90 a gal, instead I bought over 5gal and spent $5 extra for nothing in that stupid rip off station!

Riding back home I needed gas at Needles, it was about $4 a gal, knowing Kingman was far cheaper and good gas I decided to push my luck and if I had to I could manually transfer from the spare tank. I got to I think exit 9 in AZ and gas was $3.45, took close to 6gal! That would have been an extra $3-$4 for nothing if I had bought gas in Needles!

It's not just that I am cheap either, I just do not support the rip off price gouging places like that unless I have to!

I'd love to have that aux fuel setup except the way I load up when traveling long trips solo I can't afford to loose the packing space in the side bag. I fill both sides, trunk, load the seat and stuff hanging over onto top of trunk but supported by the rear back rest. LOL
I really need to buy some smaller gear for tent and sleeping bag etc... I think. LOL

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
I was at the moonshine run this year and there was an 1800 that had a 3 gallon extra tank that sat on a piece that went into his trailer hitch. he also said it would fill on the fly. It was nice because you didn't lose any packing space.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pcs of Aux.Tank and accessories.

Here are the pics. They are self explanatory. (I just hope they post ok) I need to clean my overflow out. Once, I accidentally filled up, and I was coming from Tennesee, and I accidentally hit my Aux Fuel switch. I was riding alone, and 6 Harleys were behind me. Lost a gallon Glad they didn't light a match, LOL. It just went out the overflow under the bottom rear of my saddlebag. I wonder if they got sprayed? It pumps out fast. I'm sure they smelled it. I just wasn't watching the switch light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are worth their weight in gold if you ride many many miles.
David

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
David: Thanks for the pics. Can you post the actual dimensions of the tank?

Im wondering if it would fit in the saddlebag of an 1800?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.
Does that adapter just press tight onto the neck or twist and lock on like the cap does.
I expected it to lock on, but looks like it fits around the outside?

·
Premium Member
67,784 Posts
Is there a shortage of gas stations in Alabama ??

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Looks like a great idea. I wonder about that filler neck too. Shoot sometimes I'd be happy with just one more gallon, lol

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Is there a shortage of gas stations in Alabama ??
YES! We are making a trip there next week!
My daughter just called and said to toss the gas cans in and bring like 30gal with us in the car because most stations have closed on rural routes and 60% on Interstate just closed also. Her city has 2 stations open out of the 30 they had, gas it $12.50 a gal now since it is a tourist town.
Something about tired of ripping people off at $3.50 a gal for a substance that is free for the taking out of the ground, so most got fed up and just closed!

And WOW, you'd be surprised at the closed stations I saw out west on my trip to CA. and that is for real!!

Have you ever rode the Mohave Desert and stopped for gas in Needles under empty?? I choose to chance it and made it to exit 9 in AZ!
Course I had some spare gas with if I had needed it!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I like to carry a couple gallons when I travel. Many times I pass what is not known to me as being the "Last Gas station" on my route for the next 100 miles and I have just under a half a tank.............. Funny thing is, I have pulled into stations after running with my fuel light on for the last 30 miles and I have never had to use that 2 gallons of gas.

Now if I had this 3 gallon tank with on the fly transfer capabilities would I use it and keep going that extra 100 miles? You Betchya!!

·
life is good
1,192 Posts
I like to carry a couple gallons when I travel. Many times I pass what is not known to me as being the "Last Gas station" on my route for the next 100 miles and I have just under a half a tank.............. Funny thing is, I have pulled into stations after running with my fuel light on for the last 30 miles and I have never had to use that 2 gallons of gas.

Now if I had this 3 gallon tank with on the fly transfer capabilities would I use it and keep going that extra 100 miles? You Betchya!!
sounds like your a buyer :claps:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you sell the tank yet?
You previously stated you had a typo on price but I never saw a correction on the listed price.
How much is it supposed to be?
Why are you selling it?

·
Premium Member
67,784 Posts
$12.50 a gallon, Chromo you got to be pulling my leg.. Average price @ gal in Alabama is $3.23, about a buck cheaper than CA..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.