Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

(1.) Air cut off valve, where is it located? and how many are there? (some say 1, and or 4 of them?

(2.) Bad miss firing on rt side (1and3) until warmed up, then smooths out? NOTE: it had the same problem before I changed-points,condenser,static and dynamic timed,and new belts?

(3.) Hard to start. If it will start just by choke its ok. However if thethrottle has to be used it will idle to low and hesitate on rt side (like a palpitation) and sounds like a gremlin eating metal...?

Ok guru's hit me! or shoot me or sumthin.....Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

There is only one air cutoff valve on GL1000 carbs. It sits on top of the assembly at the right front. If you remove the air cleaner box you can see it and actually remove it insitu. If..and that is if you have the points and timing adjusted properly then it is time to remove the carburators and give them a good cleaning for your right side problem. If that doesn't do it I will come over and shoot you myself...:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

Have you already downloaded the manual? (link in the refrence and FAQ section)

You might also want to check the valves, My 1100 had starting issues and the problem was related to burnt and over tight valves.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

When did you sync the carbs last? If you've done any carb work whatsoever on them, guess what needs to be done now?

That's right, synchronize the carbs.

Good chance that'll take care of alot of your misfiring problems.

Mike

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the tips all...I havnt done any carb work to it yet, cause this is my first wing. Thanks to your help I now can time it on the marks, change out the belts(piece o cake) and have changed the tires, and,and .... I so far have not found a mechanic that will work on it. They all say it's to old? In other words they dont know how either LOL. I like doing things my self but Im thinking this type bench work will require tools I dont have.?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

Tnmtnboy, I have a set of sync carb gauges I just got done building, you would be welcome to use, I just don't get much time from work, and don't know how I would get them to you. I work on the west end of Morristown which is about 45 minutes from you, If we could find a way to meet, maybe you could ride your bike on a planned day and we could meet, we could sync them on the spot only takes about 15 minutes. Let me know if your interested.
Thx Tom

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Very nice offer luv2ride. :cool::cool::cool::clapper::clapper::clapper:

That's what it's all about.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Tnmtnboy wrote:
I like doing things my self but Im thinking this type bench work will require tools I dont have.?
Carb work does not really require anything special except a way to measure the float height. I got a small square at Ace Hardware that has metric on one side and inches on the other. Less than$10.00 The only other thing is synch gages and luv2ride has offered to help you out there.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Now that is very kind of you sir...I am simi retired Tom so the when and where is totally up to you. Again..Thanks! to all !!!!!! Tom when you can please contact me at [email protected] no hurries no worries, it's just the bike bug bitting my a___s again..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.