Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Searched 9 pages of "Yellow Wire" threads!

Question, on an 1100 since all 3 wires are yellow (not marked) I guess it doesn't matter which 2 Yellow wires you solder together out of the 6 wires, is this correct?:baffled:

I've always kept a lot of "Dilectric Grease" on mine so have not had a problem but thinking I should do it?!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

You are correct, it does not matter which 2 wires you hook together.

Just make sure to shrink wrap them well. Some very thick walled shrink wrap or about 3 layers of regular wall shrink wrap will work nice.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Yes. The same for 1000s and 1200s.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Just make sure you connect three upgoing wires to three downgoing ones! Incestuous interconnecting won't work.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

You know guys I've been giving this a lot of thought lately and I think itDOES matter which wires hook to each other. I think you should mark them and reconnect A to A B to B and C to C

follow my maybe misguided logic

rotor is turning clockwise(or the other way for you guys that will try to correct me doesn't matter)passesA then B then C so you get "flow" with the following

A_B_C or B_C_A or C_B_A

BUT if you hook up different

B_C_A or C_B_A OR A_C_B it is not in order of rotation ergo not as much O/P

Right or wrong I don't know but it seems logical to me

We need an electrical engineer to answer this one

Neil

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Searched 9 pages of "Yellow Wire" threads!

Question, on an 1100 since all 3 wires are yellow (not marked) I guess it doesn't matter which 2 Yellow wires you solder together out of the 6 wires, is this correct?:baffled:

I've always kept a lot of "Dilectric Grease" on mine so have not had a problem but thinking I should do it?!

Thanks!
wingdawg101, you are correct, it really doesn't matter what yellow rear wire ishooked to what front wire as long as they are ALL isolated from each other &each wire runs from the stator to the regulator uninterrupted.. That system is 3-Phase A/C so polarity or wire matching isn't important. Once the regulator gets hold of the current it just shoves it through a series of diodes to rectify it & turn it into D/C, at that point it becomes polarity sensitive.

To help understand the principal-- (remember electricity & water act a lot alike).. You have 3 garden hoses fed from either one pump with 3 SEPARATE impellers & outputs phased 120° apart,or 3 separate pumps run from the same motor.. Those 3 hoses end up at a combining valve but pass through a one way check valvebefore doing so.. The combined outputs of those 3 hoses comes out of the end of the combining valve with almost 3 times the flow & the individual pulses are now one smooth flow (it doesn't really matter what hose is connected to what inlet port)..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
You know guys I've been giving this a lot of thought lately and I think itDOES matter which wires hook to each other. I think you should mark them and reconnect A to A B to B and C to C

follow my maybe misguided logic

rotor is turning clockwise(or the other way for you guys that will try to correct me doesn't matter)passesA then B then C so you get "flow" with the following

A_B_C or B_C_A or C_B_A

BUT if you hook up different

B_C_A or C_B_A OR A_C_B it is not in order of rotation ergo not as much O/P

Right or wrong I don't know but it seems logical to me

We need an electrical engineer to answer this one

Neil
Neil, if your logic held correct then you would get a different voltage reading when measuring from A to B than A to C (not so)..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

not quite twisty a-c and a- b are the same electrically when measured separately so they will measure the same if working correctly

BUT your hose theory holds water :goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin: I guess it depends on how many "pulses " are put out and when. which of course depends on how many magnets and spacingare in the rotor

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
not quite twisty a-c and a- b are the same electrically when measured separately so they will measure the same if working correctly

BUT your hose theory holds water :goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin: I guess it depends on how many "pulses " are put out and when. which of course depends on how many magnets and spacingare in the rotor
Neil, if "a-c and a- b are the same electrically when measured separately" that is just how the rectifier would see them.. Actually once the rectifier diodes get the stator A/C current it is pulsed D/C after that..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

Were there any issues with this problem on the 1500 series - specifically the 1989 model wing?

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

ccsailor,

You threw me a "Curve" Ball ?!

But "Twisty" was "Pitch Hitting" for me, ha!

Maybe "Candian Electricty is different from US electricty?!:goofygrin::goofygrin::baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

CCSailor.... Your logic might just hold... if each of A-B  B-C was occuping exactly 1/3 of the winding space... and  a single brush was taking off the electricity, at a certain point, as the coil passed that point ... but...  I think the brushless effect of a stator... and the  repeated winding pattern  means that each loop   say the pink in the enclosed pic ... is giving out its current  at several times in each revolution........./forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif                 http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=02nQXGrrlPglzQMszY                    now I know this is a three phase motor ... but the electrical effect is the same...... So I gotta disagree with you... and  I think that the order of soldering of the three Yellows makes no difference makes absolutely NO difference ... SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

you seem to be supporting my theory if you look at your link it goes pink blue black and repeats all the way around SO in theory you SHOULD hook up in order right??????????????? then twistys "pulsed"dc prf would be less (which is good)

Unless they are interwound with each other in real time like a braided effect???????????

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Then how come everyone who has randomly wired the yellow wires have had no problems?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

If it did make a differance, then 3 phase motor wiring would have the same problem with phase sync., I would think. Switching two wires on a 3 phase motor only reverses the direction.

My vote is: it doesn't matter.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.