Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone got a part number or source in the US for the 30A fusible link? I thought it would be easy to find but haven't had any luck yet.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
imported post

Better yet, is there nota way to replace the existing setup with a more modern 30A fuse and holder? Has anyone tried this?

Maybe we could rig in a standard 30A spade style fuse and holder?

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It would be easy to change the setup with a newer style fuse, but I'd like to keep the bike stock. If necessary I can cut out links of copper, cut out pieces, notch them and measure the current necessary to burn them out, and adjust the size of the cut out until I get the right opening current. It would be better though if I can find original links which should still be available somewhere.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

exavid wrote:
Has anyone got a part number or source in the US for the 30A fusible link? I thought it would be easy to find but haven't had any luck yet.
Disregard all after "Has anyone..." Forgot I have a parts manual on my laptop (old age strikes again) found the fusible link part number (982000-53000) and have 10 on order so I will have a supply on hand. Thanks for the response, next time I'll check all my sources before wasting time on the forum.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

After using a pair of pliers to crack open a mass of molten plastic and carbon that once was my main fuse and starter relay housing, I used a 30 amp circuit breaker. Not stock but worked well, and if it ever did blow,(which it never did)just a push of a button and back in business again.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

The first thing I replaced when rebuilding my wing was that 30 amp fuse block. I used one of those 30 amp inline fuse holders for an automotiveblade fuse. Works great and now it's available at any auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Exavid,

Where did you order the 30 amp fuses from?

I would like to get one, have check several places in Las Vegas, no one has them?!

Thanks , Pete ([email protected])

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

It's a place in Florida, I have a program on my laptop that's a parts catalog for the 85, 86, and 87 bikes which also links to the store in Florida. I don't have my laptop handy right now so I can't tell you it's address but will soon as I get a chance. I ordered ten links for $.74 each. I also ordered a rubber trim piece for the rear of my bike. I haven't gotten a reply from them yet so I don't know if they actually have all the stuff in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Exavid... How can I get one of those 84 thru 87 parts programs you mentioned? Do you have it on CD? Is it available on the market? Thanks.. Renegade

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

For Renegade and Wingdawg, I got the CD on eBay. The company and address:

CDMOTO

18520 NW 67 Ave #172, Miami Lakes, Florida 33015

[email protected]

They listed several parts manuals on CD in their eBay offering when I ordered mine. The actual CD parts manual is very good, better than microfiche since you don't have to hunt through the lists. There are good part number callouts for just about every bolt and nut and part on the bike. I'm not going to recommend the part of the program that links to their parts store since I think this is the first items I've ordered from them. I don't like the Hotmail address too much. I did order the links anda piece of trim, also sent them an email. I'll keep you guys appraised of the results.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

Where can I get the 30 amp circuit breaker at? What kind is it? Is it an automotive part? Thanks!!! WyoWinger :waving:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

You can buy fusible links on a roll. You just buy the rating you need (20 amp, 30 amp etc) and cut it to length and cut out the slots with a small snips. I have a roll of in my shed (my dad used to fix old motors) just gathering dust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.