Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Oh great, I got up early for what? New badges and colours! Well done Honda, the 30th anniversary milestone marked by understatement.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Is that all? What about the different fairing panels? Looks just the same to me.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I'll keep my 86 Aspy and put $17,000 in the bank. :D

All Gave Some,, Some Gave All

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Wow? looks just the same to me. Not enough to get me to spend the $26,000 + it cost here in Canada. But I like the roads they took the pictures on, that might be woth some investment.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I wonder if the investment wouldmake a good "chick" magnet???? ;)

All Gave Some,, Some Gave All

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I bought my Candy Red 1800 A3 in Dec 2003 and so far have clocked up 13.500 trouble free miles. So far mechanically it has used three oil filters, three oil changes and one 11,000 mile tyre change, which for a bike which allegedly came with inherant problems is not too bad so far in my book. I am really pleased with my bike and trailer. No frame or overheating problems. No handling problems and good mileage on the tyres so far. How many bikes can you load to the maximum with gear, take the wife on the back and tow a fully laden trailer at almost twice the national speed limit with ease, doing over 500 miles without discomfort ina day. The 1800 can. Fully dressed these bikes look absolutely amazing and are a real head turner. Personally if Honda did make any dramaticchanges to the 1800 I would stick to what I have got as it has done me ok so far and is more than ample for my requirements. The bike amazed me on the ride from the British Treffen in Sussex back to N Ireland in a single day. My wife slept on the rear in the heated Corbin most of the way, which says a lot for the smooth ride and comfort of the bike. :D

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
imported post

well looks like a lot of happy bank managers out there as all the forums read the same every ones leaving there cash in the bank insted of buying a 05

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

glennuk wrote:
well looks like a lot of happy bank managers out there as all the forums read the same every ones leaving there cash in the bank insted of buying a 05
How true. The urge to chnae my 03 for an 05 has now abated, at least until the 2006 model is announced!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Well Well ,Honda really went out on a limb with the 30th anniversary model ,,and every expense spared :D:D,,are honda getting really mean in their old age ?:X

Dont worry folks ,I am sure KURYAKIN or SHOW CHROME will come up with the goods .So the money you were going to spend on a 05 wing can now be put into LOADS OF SHINY BITS for your older wings ...cheers Ciaran......................................... ps wingdo I have your cleaning product you asked me to get for you ,,but I am in France at the moment :dude:,back in the land of the living in 10 days ,,,

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Honda really cheapskated us with the 30th all right. Even the 25th model GL1500 had some changes in 2000 in spite of Honda knowing it was to be dropped at the end of that year. Chrome rockers, back to black instruments and of course new badges that year. Only badges for the 30th anniversary of this fine machine. As someone pointed out earlier, what an understatement!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

I wonder,will it be very hard to take the "30th Anniversary" badge off?? :shock:

The non-changes are good for me, means after 5 years of building the 1800 nearly all "bugs" have been worked out AND they offer BLUE!!!! I was going to go for White, now I feel much better about replacing Ol' Blu, my 1980 Honda CB900C.

A new bike once every 25 years isn't getting to exorbitant is it??? (This one will probably last me 25 years easily, if I live that long...)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

There must be a method to their madness (or lack of) for not making the 30th something particularly special. Harley did about the same for their 100 year anniversary, IE not much other than badges and some different paint schemes. It seems I read somewhere once that history has shown that people shy away from "anniversary", "special edition" or "commemorative" vehicles that have too much in the way of reminding you why they were made or what they are celebrating.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Absolutely Great. :DThis lady needs no changes. :pHonda played their cards well. ;)With all the complaining about the present bike one would think that all the wings in the world were faulty. :cool:Now what will ye complain about, :X (a) No Changes, (b) New Badge. :?Get on your wings and ride out, this is the best machine Honda has ever built, ;)and I have rode them all from the Honda 50cc.:(

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Well said Redwing....seems to me like the ones who are doing all the complaining about the 1800's, are the ones who don't have one!!......interesting.......a little "reverse psychology" perhaps???

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

The GW history article confirms it and thats good enouigh for me, only badges and colours for 05. No subtle changes under the skin for the big lady. :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.