Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Well it was in the low 50s here but it's supposed to cool down in the next few days.
I remember back in the early 70s when I would dress and ride my Honda 175 no matter what the cold temps were! Not any more!

I will ride my Wing in cold weather, if I feel like it. My blood is old/thin and it takes a while for me to warm up!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I am kinda old, too, but its a small price to pay for this afternoon. Its supposed to be 65-70 and clear...

yaaaaay!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

It was a comfortable 32 degrees here in east tennessee. A little on the brisk side but not too bad. It will be better when I get a fairing on my 81 Gl 1100. It will definitely help cut most of the wind off of me.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I rode to work last week at 41* in the a.m., very refreshing...only 12 miles & wore gloves & helmet.

Any colder, or longer, & I would have needed a jacket. 65* on the way home...nice. 12 miles there, 40 miles back? :stumped:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I figgered out a GWMW Factor (GoldWingMileageWarp)

Its 2 miles roundtrip to the store and back in my truck.

Its at least 65 roundtrip on the bike. Thats a GWMW Factor of 32.5.

So, If you have to cage 350 miles, that means 11,000 plus miles on a wing, right?

LOL

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
So, If you have to cage 350 miles, that means 11,000 plus miles on a wing, right?

LOL
:cool:Yep!

It was 39 degrees Fhere this morning for my short commute.

Popeye, riding at 41 degrees without a coat? You're nuts! ;)

John

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

daveg wrote:
ALWAYS IS AND 6 DEGREES
Celsius. :) That's 42.8 F.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Nothing beats a few crisp fall days to rid us of those pesky insects and Harleys! :cooldj:

John

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

We got a bunch of Harley dudes around here that wimped out last Sunday. It was sunny and in the 50's. "It's too cold!' I say "Get a freakin wind shield and stop eating bugs!"
:weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I know you guys up North like to razz us down here in Florida about not having winter temps, but at least you can turn the A/C off for quite a while.

Yeah, you have to run a heater during the dead of winter, but we have the A/C's on. Just the past three days I've been able to turn the A/C off and open all the windows for a change. It was great. :cool:

Probably tomorrow with a warm front coming back up from the South we'll have to shut the windows and crank it back up again. :(

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
imported post

Goin down to 28 degrees here tonite. Up to 55 in PM. Archery hunting inthe AM, ride in the PM. Or mabey I'll go fishing instead on the Ohio River. Decisions, decisions!!!:?;)

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

It was worth the cool ride this am...

My 20 mile commute clocked nearly 70 miles this afternoon. 65 degrees and glorious...

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I left at 5:30 am this morning and it was pockets of 72 degrees. This afternoon it was above 95 and presently at 7:30pm it is about 85. What a day for riding. That's what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
I know you guys up North like to razz us down here in Florida about not having winter temps, but at least you can turn the A/C off for quite a while.

Yeah, you have to run a heater during the dead of winter, but we have the A/C's on. Just the past three days I've been able to turn the A/C off and open all the windows for a change. It was great. :cool:

Probably tomorrow with a warm front coming back up from the South we'll have to shut the windows and crank it back up again. :(
:p Ya, I feel really sorry for you guys that have to ride all year. You have to give up riding time for maintenence.:(

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
lostinflorida wrote:

:p Ya, I feel really sorry for you guys that have to ride all year. You have to give up riding time for maintenence.:(
There are times though when it's pushing 100 and the humidity is close to that too, riding year around has it's down side.

The next time you come down to Florida, start running an extension cord from the power plant and send us some of that cheap Hydro'Lectric. :cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.