Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I've been delving into 3D printing as of late, with new ideas popping into my head for me to model and print. I figure with the right printing material most of those pesky bolt covers on my GL1500 can be replaced for pennies on the dollar, and a few accessories that I always wanted to make, but never had the tools to do so.

Below is a picture of one that I just drafted, its for an auxiliary battery mount on the passenger footrest. without the upgraded alternator, I've always wanted to supplement my battery storage just in case my aux lights drained off my battery, as well as for those long trips when I need to run other electronics but don't want to chance running down my main battery. The mount holds a single 12V server style battery, and can connect to my solar charger or a battery terminal I use for the trickle charger.

So what do you think? Any parts I should design and print? The next project is to design a folding solar panel mount, and those fairing bolt covers that cost $5-$10+ a piece to replace but keep falling off.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,256 Posts
I think that is great.

·
Administrator
22,368 Posts
Lots of folks ahead of you. Frank (Pegasus) made a lot of bits for his GL12 with a printer. Even the speaker covers. Not much, or anything, you can't do with 3D.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll have to PM Pegasus, maybe he has some good ideas I can use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts