tshirts

after the schedule rides it is free time no schedule events

rooms (waiting on hotel)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

to borrow a quote from my son "yippee skippee" sign me up.

don't what that is a reference to but hey, half the sh!t i say anymore i don't know where it came from; welcome to old age, drug induced brain damage and standing to close to the microwave.

hope you all can make it

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

well surprise surprise, they are opening a new motel 6 in boerne, (rhymes with journey) texas. so the hill country ride in october 2012 will be hq there.

will let you know about the rates when they open.

looking forward to some great rides

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

DOCWEB wrote:
well surprise surprise, they are opening a new motel 6 in boerne, (rhymes with journey) texas. so the hill country ride in october 2012 will be hq there.

will let you know about the rates when they open.

looking forward to some great rides
See now there's some clout for ya brand new motel for us.

Never messwith a guy that wears shin guards on a trike.:cool:

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

hope you gotout and rode some since we last talked, i went riding yesterday to scout out a new route, driving along and come over a rise and there are a herd of elk about 15 yards away. i don't who was more startled. i had just let off the throttle as i came over the hill and was in stealth mode. they watched me, i watched them and i just coasted by them as they were munching along. great view, even though it was cold.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

We went to Sliver City for a weekend had a good time. Hey been meaning to ask you when we rode north I think it was the first day. What rd. did we take that we droped down into the river bottom and rode across the river on that concrete road and the water was just below the road surface. Here's one for ya.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

DOCWEB wrote:
the was ranch road 1871, we came out of harper and rode up 385 on to 1871, that was the first time i was ever on that road myself.
That was a really cool place. Iam going back and get some good pics of that place next time.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

There are several places where that stream runs normally just barely below the concrete, but let it come a little rain, and brother now that's fun to ride across...It's been a day or two since because of all of the family problems this past year we have had to deal with, that the wife andI haven't made a run to the Hill Country....I still think that those statues and the model of theStonehenge IIat Hunt, Texas...It's just too cool out there in the middle of no where....

Wait!!!!!.....I had to look it up and just found out that this replica had been moved because of a "red harvesterant" invasion, plus the son of the man who built this replica sold the land...It is still under reconstruction and will be located in Ingram, Texas....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge_II#Relocation_Effort

Its a shame that it has to be moved but I have pictures of it at its old location and will treasure them...Lets just hope its new home will display it like Al Shepard built it....Yeah lots of things to see and do there...

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

redbaron wrote:
There are several places where that stream runs normally just barely below the concrete, but let it come a little rain, and brother now that's fun to ride across...It's been a day or two since because of all of the family problems this past year we have had to deal with, that the wife andI haven't made a run to the Hill Country....I still think that those statues and the model of theStonehenge IIat Hunt, Texas...It's just too cool out there in the middle of no where....

Wait!!!!!.....I had to look it up and just found out that this replica had been moved because of a "red harvesterant" invasion, plus the son of the man who built this replica sold the land...It is still under reconstruction and will be located in Ingram, Texas....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge_II#Relocation_Effort

Its a shame that it has to be moved but I have pictures of it at its old location and will treasure them...Lets just hope its new home will display it like Al Shepard built it....Yeah lots of things to see and do there...

We went to see the stonehenge they had it at a city park by some baseball fields

never seen it at the old location but they had it all set up.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

On a disk from my old computer I have those pictures, but...When my son was taking them off of that computer he found a very nasty virus that almost killed his computer...So until I figure out how to get those pictures onto this new computer without infecting it with that virus, I can't post the pictures I had from about 5 years ago...The back drop for those pictures is this limestone cliff where the Guadalupe River flows at the base...It was and is a beautiful place....

One thing we found out the hard way about is the "high water" crossings....You will see a sign it might say nothing about the dip except "high water crossing"....We hit one of those little jewels running about 75 mph, the wife and I both had to be picked up by the back up vehicle...We both hurt our backs....Next day we were able to cripple home...Just watch them suckers....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Alrighty... time to chime in here and say that all those pictures, or heads, mountains and river crossings look dangerous to me!

Gotta have OSHA approved ramps on 'dim 'dere hills. Get some hard hats and approved eye wear on those rock reads and need some guardrails or temporary barricades between you and that there river, son!

Randy, what were you thinking?

:shock:
T

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
Alrighty... time to chime in here and say that all those pictures, or heads, mountains and river crossings look dangerous to me!

Gotta have OSHA approved ramps on 'dim 'dere hills. Get some hard hats and approved eye wear on those rock reads and need some guardrails or temporary barricades between you and that there river, son!

Randy, what were you thinking?

:shock:
T
At that point and time my Friend so far from a thought other than the the one's that controlled my riding truely wonderful. You know the deal.:action::cool:No worries

Besides I had my bucket on and fall protection provided Bridgestone had Doc on the front door in case of emergency water landing your seat can be used as a flotation devise

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

LSHIDMTAMSFO! :ROFL:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

It is fun... well hello neighbor! Welcome to the forum.

T

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

In Leaky, last time we were there this guy and his wife were getting ready to reopen their place...Sold tee shirts etc, mostly Harley stuff, but they were adding a burger joint and he said possible camping???....Are they stll there???...I gave him a handcuff key to go with his cuffs and odd junk on the walls....:ROFL:.....

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.