1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HAVE A GOOD DAY. UP THE REBELS:waving::waving::waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Independence Day, 229 of them and still going strong! The rebels prosper, thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Happy independance day to all our winger pals across the water in the USA ....have a great party .:cooler::cooler::cooler:..Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey :weightlifter:Up the Redwings. :clapper:

:jumper::18red::jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

We are, the fireworks has been going off around my place for two days now. I have to admit setting a few off last night at midnight, got a few more to blow off today. My favorite holiday, parades, hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelons, fireworks, and of course Sousa!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Thanks "Wexman", it's the Big Holiday over here!

It's not about the "fire works' it's about the "Vets" that gave us the "Independence" !:clapper:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

The blender's full of fresh peach daiquiris, the steaks are on the grill, the girls are in their bikinis, firecrackers poppin', you brits should be here!!! Long live parties!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

My greatgrandfather, grandfather, father father-in-law, and several uncles and cousins and I were all in the US Army. Nothing special, everyone should do his duty. But fireworks, flags and all that goes with it is there to keep memory alive to to mark the event for the kids.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

johnapool wrote:
The blender's full of fresh peach daiquiris, the steaks are on the grill, the girls are in their bikinis, firecrackers poppin', you brits should be here!!! Long live parties!!!
Was just up your way yesterday with the woman who hangs around here. Had a fine wurst and brew. Nice rideacross Snoqualmie and Blewett passes and back home on highway 2. Three hundred miles of sun, mountains, with few idiots. :cooler:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

Hey, Paul, You came right by my place!! (Near Blewett Pass---) What a great ride you took. I love the Cascades from a bike. JP

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
HAVE A GOOD DAY. UP THE REBELS:waving::waving::waving:
Thanks SHREK, maybe in a few more hours I can get some sleep after all the fireworks start to ease up! :clapper:

Happy 4TH to everyone here! :byebye:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I bet the 5th will see about the lowest postings for you guys over the pond, as you nurse the thumping heads back to health. Hope you all had a good day/night and I wish I could have been there to enjoy the festivities, instead of working in the sold and wet of good old England!!

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

We lucked out here in the Pacific Northwest, temps in the high 70s even the 80F range. The woman who hangs out here and I sat out in our yard and watched a veritable war out there, the sky was filled with colorful bursts, lots of noise. I wonder how may tons of gunpowder go up in smoke on the 4th? The whole area for miles around gets pretty smokey. This morning I woke up to a continuation, we live about 5 miles from Fort Lewis and they were having a bit of artillery practice.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey johnapool :leprechaun: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:Hey what the hell is that wing doing up on the back of a pickup. :whip:
:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey johnapool :leprechaun: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:Hey what the hell is that wing doing up on the back of a pickup. :whip:
:walker::18red::walker:
Maybe it had something to do with "The blender's full of fresh peach daiquiris":)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Maybe it had something to do with "The blender's full of fresh peach daiquiris":)
Hey dean-3326 :leprechaun:Now im more confused. :weightlifter:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
dean_3326 wrote:
Hey dean-3326 :leprechaun:Now im more confused. :weightlifter:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
no change there then Redwing!!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Been away for a couple days. Happy Birthday wishes to Redwing. The smoke has settled from the horizon, and I have to find a larger belt. Too much picnic food. I live in the self-proclaimed "Fire-works Capital of America".

Zambelli, Vitale, Pyro-Technique; whatever they don't manufacture is imported. These fellows cover all the major sporting events in the states. Football,baseball, Indy, the Kentucky Derby as well as New Years Eve(around the world.)

Sorry to get side-tracked, but I love to watch airial displays, and this time of year the entire town gets treated every night...

Had to come back, just realized Redwing's big day is next month... :shock:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

The wing-- a fast RED one-- gets better gas mileage while riding in the back of the Dodge pickup, which gets at least 12MPG.....Actually, It was on the way to the hospital, bad CDI, we think, front fork seals leaking (from a big wheelie while loading it up last time it quit), So, now we are looking for a 1986 or so GL1200 CDI unit. The suckers don't make 'em anymore..... JP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.