Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dates: july 5, july 6 and july 7
(3 days this time...reason to follow)
(i dont post often here, but would like to invite everyone to this years annual wv summer ride. this site helped my family christmas eve 2009 when our home burned down and i have hosted a summer ride every year since as a way to thank everyone. this year is going to be even more eventful than the last three...)

those of you that have been to last years ride here know most of the new info about this year, but i have extended the ride to 3 days. there will be a special event to occur on saturday, so the actual ride will take place on friday and sunday. i know some probably wont be able to make it because of the 4th being the same week, and this being the "4th of july weekend" but i was asked to do it this weekend for a very special occasion and i agreed.

the reason for extending the ride to three days is because last summer during the ride, i was asked by a vtxcafe member if he could get married during this summers ride. i agreed and we are having a pastor from the cafe do the services as well. the "lucky couple" want as many bikes as possible to attend...and it is totally casual (as in normal riding wear). anyone and everyone welcome...

so now with the standard information...

the itinerary...hopefully most will arrive thursday night.
1. the pizza place we have had dinner at the last two years is now closed...so we will be doing dinner on thursday night at pizza hut in welch.
2. friday morning will be breakfast at the sterling drive followed by fridays ride (route will be posted when i make one)
3. after the ride will be the cookout at davy and giving out door prizes donated by generous sponsors.
4. saturday morning will be breakfast at the sterling drive in followed by a short ride and then to the special event.
5. sunday morning will be breakfast at the sterling drive in followed by sundays planned ride...after which everyone will go their own ways back home.

room info...
pocahontas motel - booked full already

count gilu motel
201 vocational school rd
welch, wv
(304) 436-3041

big four motel
25925 coal heritage rd
rt 52 north
welch, wv
(304) 585-7313

there will be several other places to reserve rooms...i will post as i get the info.
rooms will be first come first serve, and everyone is responsible for making sure they have one.
i would suggest anyone wishing to attend...you get a room reserved soon. one motel is already full in less than two weeks. this year is on pace to maybe double last years count.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
not much interest here this year? rooms are filling fast...still hoping to have a few more "wingers" this year than last.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
West Virginia is on my list of places to visit this year, so I may yet do this? I've got one trip a month lined up for every month between March and October, (except for July... ;-))

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
West Virginia is on my list of places to visit this year, so I may yet do this? I've got one trip a month lined up for every month between March and October, (except for July... ;-))
youre definitely more than welcome. last summer we had several wings make the ride.

i would also suggest unless camping, to get a room reserved at one of the two remaining motels soon. only three within an hour of us, and one was booked full within the first two weeks. i stopped at one of the others a week ago and they said there are only 10 rooms left with them (count gilu motel).

shirt designs are almost done as well...i will be posting them soon...

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
youre definitely more than welcome. last summer we had several wings make the ride.

i would also suggest unless camping, to get a room reserved at one of the two remaining motels soon. only three within an hour of us, and one was booked full within the first two weeks. i stopped at one of the others a week ago and they said there are only 10 rooms left with them (count gilu motel).

shirt designs are almost done as well...i will be posting them soon...
Not sure if I can wait until July? I'm in the the planning stage of a trip that way perhaps in May. (Unless things change), I'm planning to head to VA first with a stay at http://www.breakspark.com/ Afterwards I'll do some riding in WV and KY on my way back to Tennessee... ;)

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if I can wait until July? I'm in the the planning stage of a trip that way perhaps in May. (Unless things change), I'm planning to head to VA first with a stay at http://www.breakspark.com/ Afterwards I'll do some riding in WV and KY on my way back to Tennessee... ;)
not sure how to pm on here...but pm me and i can give you my number. we have an oversized couch...youre more than welcome to stay here and get a free tour as well. i ride over to breaks pretty often in the warmer weather. one of the mountains to cross between here and breaks is probably one of the best in this area in my opinion.

or if you want...i could meet you somewhere and ride a little with you. maybe give you a smaller tour. whatever you prefer...but you are more than welcome to stay here on your trip. it isnt the marriott...but its home. free sleeping quarters, free meal, free tour, etc...cant beat that.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
not sure how to pm on here...but pm me and i can give you my number. we have an oversized couch...youre more than welcome to stay here and get a free tour as well. i ride over to breaks pretty often in the warmer weather. one of the mountains to cross between here and breaks is probably one of the best in this area in my opinion.

or if you want...i could meet you somewhere and ride a little with you. maybe give you a smaller tour. whatever you prefer...but you are more than welcome to stay here on your trip. it isnt the marriott...but its home. free sleeping quarters, free meal, free tour, etc...cant beat that.
That sounds like a good deal to me! I'll send a PM to ya when the time gets closer and my trip dates firm up :claps:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you get a good turn out on this event! I'm still in the process of making this years ride plans, but I'll get there sometime... ;-)
yeah, looking to be pretty big this year...hoping for 75 to 100 bikes this year. one motel booked full, one almost full. i havent checked with the last one as of yet. getting bigger every year though...thats definitely a good thing.

and as i said on the cafe...really hope to see you make this one. there will be several groups coming up from and through your area of tn too.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
only a week left. shirts all ordered, ride routes set for the most part, tons of door prizes...only 4 or 5 rooms left at the motels. looking to be the biggest wv ride yet. would be great to have more than just a couple of goldwings in the procession.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.