Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Picked it up this weekend for $500. 1985 Interstate with 70k km. The owner bought it in 1986, and has had it since (I'm pretty sure I saw tears, as we drove away with it). It's visually well cared for, and mechanically sound (mostly). Bad fuel, misadjusted idle and low clutch fluid were messing with me this weekend, but I got it sorted out. It idles properly and pulls hard now.

It has an exhaust leak, broken speedo cable, bald rear tires and the fork oil is probably tar, but I'll get that all fixed over the winter.

Good deal?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Excellent find:applause:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Thats a great find for the Money! Nice bike and if you can do the work and keep her maintained going forward, you have another 200,000 or better miles yet to go!

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
:thumbsup:Way to go great buy!!!!!!!!

·
I think I was wrong once!
393 Posts
nice looking bike at a great price. Just tossing this at you, I have a 86 aspincade and replaced my OEM seat for one with a backrest in it. My seat seems to be in better shape then the one your sitting on, I'm in Chicago south subs if intrested make me an offer, I can send pics and I can get a shipping quote if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice!...! I just bought an 84 Interstate with 71 thousand miles and a blown head gasket. Chrome looks good after a little polishing. Im getting the gaskets today in the mail and will have her running soon, im excited. First wing, Second bike(First was 78 cx500). $150 for wing...!...

But yours was running so great find, Congrats and it looks sweet too!:applause:

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
You guys better keep looking over your shoulder for the police. Sounds more like "GRAND THEFT" to me... :applause:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
Yeah you got a great deal! Congrats! And welcome to the forum!

John

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bugger, I completely missed all the replies to this thread. I kept thinking to myself "Wow, what an unfriendly community, no replies at all to my cool new bike". Looks like forum isn't sending out reply notifications over email OR they're getting into my spam folder.

Either way, thanks everyone :)

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,870 Posts
yep, get to the control panel and make the forum send you notifications.

Me? I turned them all off..... I just use the New Posts and stay up with things.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got it. I had it turned on, on the old forums but it looks like it disabled the feature during the upgrade.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Great deal. congratulations. Sounds like it is just about broken in. Lots of life left in her. Well done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.