Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just completed a 5,000 mile ride that included Northern Maine and Key West, Fl.

I would not want to travel without the following.
SUPER-VISOR (http://www.super-visor.com) This absolutely blocks the sun from hitting the top part of your shield thereby eliminating glare.I have used sunblocker and there is no comparison. The placement of these on your shield is critical though. You have to go outside at sunset (or sunrise) and experiment to get it right.

Baker air wings. Everything that people say about these is true. they protect when closed and bring in a lot of air when opened. They work very well with mesh pants.

Same for Baker hand wings.

IPASS / EZPass. I would not travel on the east tollroads with out one.

Grip heaters. Some may prefer heated gloves andI can understand that but one thing about grip heaters is that they are always there ready to use. If you miscalculate which gloves to wear and it is a little cold you can just turn them on. Ride late into the day or evening and you can just turn them on. I would have them even if I had heated gloves. Did you know that there are gloves that are made especially for heated grips?

Frogg Toggs. very light, easy to get on and off, and they breath very well, so no clammy feeling.

Air Hawk seat cushion and sheepskin.I useda borrowed oneon a stock seat and now will buy one. Worked very well.

LD Comfort riding shorts. Again, everything that is said about these preventing monkeybutt is true. During this trip we had a day where we only had to go 350 miles. I had just laundered my 2 pair of LD Comfort shorts soI wore my cotton briefs so I could save the LD for the next 2 day ride. I had a sore bottom by the end of the day. No discomfort whatsoever with the LD's.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the confirmation on some great ideas.

However.........

What I got out of all that is that you were in NC and didn't tell anyone so we could have joined in part of your ride....... Shook hands..... Whatever......

Sigh..........

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

FeButter wrote:

SUPER-VISOR (http://www.super-visor.com) This absolutely blocks the sun from hitting the top part of your shield thereby eliminating glare.I have used sunblocker and there is no comparison. The placement of these on your shield is critical though. You have to go outside at sunset (or sunrise) and experiment to get it right.

Baker air wings. Everything that people say about these is true. they protect when closed and bring in a lot of air when opened. They work very well with mesh pants.

Grip heaters. Some may prefer heated gloves andI can understand that but one thing about grip heaters is that they are always there ready to use. If you miscalculate which gloves to wear and it is a little cold you can just turn them on. Ride late into the day or evening and you can just turn them on. I would have them even if I had heated gloves. Did you know that there are gloves that are made especially for heated grips?

Frogg Toggs. very light, easy to get on and off, and they breath very well, so no clammy feeling.

Air Hawk seat cushion and sheepskin.I useda borrowed oneon a stock seat and now will buy one. Worked very well.

LD Comfort riding shorts. Again, everything that is said about these preventing monkeybutt is true. During this trip we had a day where we only had to go 350 miles. I had just laundered my 2 pair of LD Comfort shorts soI wore my cotton briefs so I could save the LD for the next 2 day ride. I had a sore bottom by the end of the day. No discomfort whatsoever with the LD's.
Great info.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

FeButter wrote:

Great info.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
However.........

What I got out of all that is that you were in NC and didn't tell anyone so we could have joined in part of your ride....... Shook hands..... Whatever......

Sigh..........
I'm afraid that on this trip it was a 77 MPH blur. I will return though. I've heard that there is some road there that .............................well, you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.