Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I believe that 5pin male din, (M pattern I assume?) is the lead out from the back of the AM/FM/Cassete 39100-MG9-8710-M1 to the Headset Junction box 39240-MG9-8110-M1 as supplied in the Headset Junction Box kit 08118-MG980.

The single male from the AM/FM/Cassette unit would connect to the Junction Box where it is split for the rider and passenger units to connect to.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

If you look at the below diagram, you will see the Radio Assembly has a cable leading out the bottom 5th from the left, following it down it mates to the Junction Box which would be mounted, if installed, below the left side box. The front headset cable extension is led up through a grommet and exits left of the Handle Bar Head in the fairing work facing. And of course the passenger extension is lead back to the let side of the rear seat.

I am guessing you do not have this option, but with the gender bender, (which you could easily make), you could connect up a headset for you in this manner.

Sorry, but I have not traced the wiring through my junction box yet, but my curiosity is piqued and I will soon.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

That is M pattern from the picture. Radio shack is possible, but a good electronics supply is the ticket,

Looking down from above the end of the connector you will be soldering the pinout is as follows

Pin 1 @ 3:00 o'Clock Mic live
Pin 2 @ 4:00 O'Clock Mic sheild
Pin 3 @ 6:00 O'Clock Speaker sheild
Pin 4 @ 7:00 O'Clock Speaker left
Pin 5 @ 9:00 O'Clock Speaker right

Be exceedingly careful as the pins are pressed into a plastic housing. If you choose to solder without extracting them first, you will need an excellent heat sink, that plastic melts fast! The ideal cable to use is three sheilded singles in a sheilded group, but that is very hard to find. Personally I led my earphones, 32ohms by the way, and my mic using their original cables and plugs to a small jb where I mini phoned them over to a 5 pin din actually housed in the small jb. Then I simply plug the whole thing in. The short proximal run of the leads in the jb has caused no feed back to date.

I have not had the chance to explore the inner workings of the JB yet, but I have a hunch...Dave have you already figured it out?....I will get back to you on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.