Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I think I was wrong once!
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever tried to find a 5 pin DIN connector for your wing's audio system?

Radio Shack dont have it!!!!

3 web pages that I found had them on the internet but only 1 had them in stock the other two told me they discontinued them.

goto www.showmecables.com

L8r
Larry

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Ever tried to find a 5 pin DIN connector for your wing's audio system?

Radio Shack dont have it!!!!

3 web pages that I found had them on the internet but only 1 had them in stock the other two told me they discontinued them.

goto www.showmecables.com

L8r
Larry
Radio Shack should be forced legally to change it's name from "Radio Shack" to "We don't carry anything you need but buy a cell phone from us anyway Shack"...

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yeah, Radio Shack doesn't carry "squat" anymore for the electronic hobbyist... I mail ordered about 5 of them some time ago - think I got them from Mouser Electronics...

Les

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
You could also use and older keyboard wire/plug.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I ordered a few from Digikey, they arrive in a few days and was just what I needed. Here a link to there connectors. Once you get on the page select circular(192), that will bring up another page, there you can select the connector type (male or Female) and you can select the number of pins, in your case 5, and the shell size, in your case DIN 180. Then select apply filters and it will bring up all of the 5 pin DIN connectors.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=5+pin+DIN+Connector+male

·
I think I was wrong once!
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok it turns out that there are two style 5 pin din connectors (other than MINI) and we need the AT style and after soldering to the ones I got I found they are not what I needed. Oh well that was a waist of money.

Hey sle104 I'm going to P.M. you! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.