Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone know where I can get a standard five pin to a seven pin din converter. Have an autocom system that is standard 7 pin and the wing is standard five pin. The autocom is on my comuter, wired in. Great when using it on my commuter bike. Would like to use the standard audio system on my 1500 wing but keep the autocom wiring and speakers set up in my helmet. UK purchase would be quickest.

Also, my wing, bought recently, year 2000, with 20,000 miles and history, has not had the timing belts changed. Bike is immaculate so should I change them?

Sorry about the title, din e is wrong as a din e fitting is for a stereo, standard car type single din. Cant ammend the heading.

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Go to an electronic supply house and get the female you need for the helmet cable to plug into and a male plug to go into the bike plug. Then with a schematic determine which wires do what and make your own adapter.

Basically there should be only 5 wires in a helmet harness (if there is no PTT switch on it). You will have mic output and mic ground/shield, left ear piece, right ear piece and a common ground for the two.

My guess on the 7 wire one is Mic, mic ground, mic wires shield, left ear, left ear ground, right ear, right ear ground. Unless you have a PTT button on the helmet.

You could connect the mic and mic shield together and both ear piece grounds together and that gets you down to 5 pins.

But without having it in front of me I am speaking only from experience in wiring 2-way ham headsets.

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

monkeytrucker wrote:
Go to an electronic supply house and get the female you need for the helmet cable to plug into and a male plug to go into the bike plug. Then with a schematic determine which wires do what and make your own adapter.

Basically there should be only 5 wires in a helmet harness (if there is no PTT switch on it). You will have mic output and mic ground/shield, left ear piece, right ear piece and a common ground for the two.

My guess on the 7 wire one is Mic, mic ground, mic wires shield, left ear, left ear ground, right ear, right ear ground. Unless you have a PTT button on the helmet.

You could connect the mic and mic shield together and both ear piece grounds together and that gets you down to 5 pins.

But without having it in front of me I am speaking only from experience in wiring 2-way ham headsets.
OOPSY. Fourth paragraph I spotted a boo boo. it should be you could connect the MIC GROUND and mic shield together

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

keithg64 wrote:
Yes, replace the belts.
Yes, replace the belts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.