Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I like a lot of those . . . . I had a couple . . . . :cool:

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

There are some ugly cars in there. I don't think that the Mustang II was all that bad. It was actually my first car.

I was afraid they were going to list my Bug. But, they did include the New Beetle. That one is deserved.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

El Camino. Great rig, for local stuff. Hummer; - - - ugly? I don't think so, but a lot of excesses, for sure. It's nothing but a boxy Suburban.

·
Administrator
58,762 Posts
imported post

I think they did a pretty good job of describing ugly.

I did not contest one of them.

The El Camino was just merely functional in a bit of a twisted way.
Neither car, nor truck.
Just a condo living person who can't decide what he wants.

Of course, that is just my 2.005 cents worth.....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

How did they miss the 'Smart Car'? The French cars are easy, all of them are butt ugly!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

Yiha, Dodge Caliber..... NOT ON THE LIST !!!!!:applause:

It's his list, not mine, just as long as the Caliber doesn't make it to one.

Dave.

P.S. Yes, I drive a Caliber.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
imported post

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I liked most of those. The Aztek & Mustang 2 are horrible. Of, course, I may be jaded, this is my daily driver... winter & summer...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I owned a Mustang II fast back, Loved that car...More later on it....But there was not a car listed there that in my estimation that deserved the title of "Ugliest Car" there are worse examples than these....If given the money, I would buy almost everyone of them, some just for shock reasons...Shocked that it still runs....:ROFL:...

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
imported post

Sometime the uglyness makes them attractive.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

spot on with most of the cars but the Lambo lm002 the Enzo and the BMW 7 series shouldnt be

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

In general I agree with the list.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

OK I said I would say more about our 78 Ford Mustang II...It was the fast back model, when I bought it from one of my co-workers his daughter had wrecked the front end and he couldn't find a 78 front end so he put a 74 front end on it....Nasty looking...V-6 automatic, engine ran great, but it kept busting flywheels...Before I changed it out I found the crankshaft was machined wrong!!!!!....

On a trip to the salvage yard where I found the right front end on a very sharp fast back, black in color, with leather interior....The V-8 engine was in good running condition, the standard transmission was in good shape, the clutch plate and disk were shot...I bought might near every thing....New fly wheel, etc...Then over the next 6 months I took everything out of mine, did some body work, base coat clear coat Ford Teal blue in 5 shades that I mixed to create a flame job on it...

Then I dropped that V-8 in it, used the front springs from out of the V-8, changed the wiring harness, to work on the V-8, Found Mustang II mag wheels and when I finished it, I drove it to the store...When I came out some guy was giving it the "once over"....He asked what I wanted for it, I gave him a figure, said he had a daughter going to college and she wanted one of these Mustangs....Next morning we met, he gave me cash I gave him the title

His daughter drove that little car for four years, got married and on their way home a woman in a Suburban pulled out in front of them.....It was totaled, but both of them walked away from it....Her dad came by said he would pay me to buy another one and use the drive train in it, and custom paint it too....I had to pass...

But now finding the parts and pieces would make it almost impossible to build another one.....But if I could I would give it lots of serious thought....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.