Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Spent most of Thursday night in the garage

Finally got the new front tire mounted, balanced and on the fork. Replaced the front pads since I had the calibers off then bleed the front system. Went ahead and changed out the rear pads then took it out to set the pads in. Wow that new front tire was biting in hard.

Had Friday off and couldn’t find anyone to ride with. The storm had broken during the night and the roads seemed dry enough. I wanted to break in the new jacket, gloves and riding boots I had gotten. If there’s a bright side to this economic turn down it’s got to be the great sales on riding gears. I paid $89.00 for a $379.00 jacket at a local vendor then he threw in the gloves!

Approaching the freeway the northern sky looked dark, south however looked sweet and sunny. That 45mph ramp speed sign must of blinked as I passed it at 85mph. Just after Elk Groves last exit the freeway narrows to two lanes and the truck population seemed to quadruple. I enjoyed the passing. It never failed that as soon as I came up on a few trucks they’d decide to pass each other. I easily came up beside each one and weaved past. Making my way to Yosemite I enjoyed a lot of park twisty and even a couple of bear stops. It was a great 300 mile trip and I knew wearing thick boot socks was a no no.

Saturday my favorite co pilot called me at 0545 and asked if she could ride up to Calistoga for lunch. What a ride that was. We spent about 35 miles scraping our knees while traveling through wine country. On the way back we rode up on a bunch of tour bikes. Wish I had my camera, as there were some really nice Wings. We rode a while with them as far as Suisun then blasted off. Hope they made it up to Reno before the rains.
I haven’t done a 500 mile weekend in a while. It felt great and I’m looking forward to many more this year

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Good for you,,,, sounds like it was a great weekend. And you should ALWAYS have the camera with you on the bike. Never know what you might see. I made the mistake of not having mine once and had two very large black bears cross in front of me.

I got to take a 160 mile ride last Thursday. Felt so good to glide the roads. And now the temps are down again with more snow. But spring is near;)

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
Had Friday off and couldn’t find anyone to ride with...... Making my way to Yosemite I enjoyed a lot of park twisty and even a couple of bear stops.

Next time, if you need someone to go with,post when and where you are thinking about .... there are several members here in the central valley that would probably go if they knew .... I for one, especially when Yosemite is the destination.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

When you can, ride long and often.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Lil Pete, I completely spaced on posting to the forum. I was having one of those no computer weekends after spending way too much time on mine at work. I had had the front wheel and tire off the bike for three weeks and after mounting it I was so buzzed on the thought of riding. We'll have to do a couple of California valley tours this summer!
Winger77, I'm looking into a camera to keep on the bikes. Good idea to always have one, I agree. Now HD video or still?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
Winger77, I'm looking into a camera to keep on the bikes. Good idea to always have one, I agree. Now HD video or still?
Depends on what you want to do with it. I have a simple Kodak Easy Share that can does still and video. Video is not the best, but not the worst either. So many to choose from,,,,,,,,,,,, happy shopping :D

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I've been looking at the GO PRO Hero, Winger77.

A couple of the clubs I below to have a few vendors that offer a real good price on them.
They're designed for sport applications and come with a bunch of different mounting points. Do video, about an hours worth on a 2GSD card and stills as well.

Other wise I'm thinking of something with HD capabilities.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I've got a run up to West Virginia planned for this Sunday, 600 miles in one day.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I haven't done that neck of the woods for awhile. A nice easy rider journey would be a great change of pace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.