Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way down to the Carolina's to meet Larry and exchange Trikes when within 50 miles from each other my front U-Joint let go and left me stranded on I-77 North of Charlotte NC. Well to say the least it was a great ride till that point. I figured I post the pic's of the mess that turned out to be so other beware and check it out. The Trike is a 2000 Honda Goldwing GL1500SE Torbleau Trike. Parts on order and should be back on the road by next weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Bet you notice a real smoothness in the way the bike goes down the road once its back together. Those bearings are sealed. Not much you can do to prevent it from happening again, except for regular removal, and inspection. I like to grease the splines with Honda 60 Moly paste.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Looks to me like the joint was bathed in water enough to rust things. Like water was getting trapped in the boot? I know my 99 1500 SE motortrike is headed in that direction soon. There is no rubber boot, but the trike body adds considerable load to that tiny little U-jont. I have read of California Sidecar trikes breaking 1800 drivelines,too. jimsjinx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.