Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello Everyone,

Well after 35 years talking about it and one year of planning, my friend and I finally were able to ride from our home in VA to Texas. What a trip, Texas is a beautiful state and the people are the most friendly in the entire world.On the way we took a detour and rode the "Tail of the Dragon" in NC/TN, and what a ride 318 curves in 11 miles. It is so crooked that my GPS instructed me to "Turn around as soon as possible' thinking I was going in the wrong direction.

Last Tuesday a group of 12 bikes left VA for Asheville NC for a 4 day outing, rained on us every day.

All total I have put almost 5000 miles on my 89 Wing since 05/22/09, for a total of 91000 total miles. The only thing I have had to do is general maintence such as changing timing belts, tires, brakes and changing the oil every 3000 miles etc.

Have a Great day.

Your Friend,

John D.

PS What is considered High Mileage for a Gold Wing?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi john i dont think there is such a thing as high milage on a wing one of the guys has 366000miles on his 1500 apart from the usual serviceing the onl other thing he had to do was fit a new clutch last year i put 5000miles my self in 28days on a round trip to spain

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you had a great trip,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,, where's the pics:cool::cheeky1:

I know the feeling of wanting to go somewhere for a long time and finially doing it. Did mine to the Rockies in Colorado last year at this time. 5683 miles in 14 days.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,828 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great trip. Pics please!

I'm getting ready for about 4000 mile ride to Idaho via South Dakota and Jellystone. Then back down through Utah. Only have 11 days to do it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Last year my odometer gained a bit over 5000 miles in ten days or so. Jluvs2dive and NaturalyGW racked up over 6000 miles on the same trip. I don't mind road trips of 500-550 miles a day not at all difficult or uncomfortable on a 'Wing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

oops.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ISP problems, don't need to pad the count.:cooldevil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status