Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI All,

I just switched from a Clarion 1 system to a Clarion 2 system. The problem I have encountered is the head set output on the ALC amplifier that is mounted on the component terminal has a 6 pin Din connection and my branch lead has a 5 pin Din connection. :stumped: Does anyone out there have the pinout diagram for the 6 pin Din connector. I can make up my own cables, but I don't know what pins connect to what with this connetor. By the way, this is on a GL1100. I already know the pinout on the 5 pin Din, so thats not a problem. I just need to know which pins are the spkrs and mic pins and such.

wilddoug:waving::waving::waving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I'm sure you are missing a lead that goes between the amp and heads set pigtail. The cable I plug my headset into has 5 pins so I'm assuming it adapts at the amp end into a 6 pin that you describe. I can't realy check this now because the amp isn't too easy to see inside the fairing.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi WildDoug, there should be a "Y" cable with two five pin female receptacles and one six pin male plug for the ALC-Amplifier.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

jackjohn wrote:
Hi WildDoug, there should be a "Y" cable with two five pin female receptacles and one six pin male plug for the ALC-Amplifier.
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response. I bought this type 2 system off of E-Bay and the Y cable is missing. What I am looking for is pin out on the six pin socket on the ALC amp or if anyone could use an ohm meter to diagram what pin on the 6 pin male plug connects to on the 5 pin female plug on that Y cable I can make up my own cable. The old type 1 system had a 5 pin output to the headset and I know that pin out. Surely one of the gurus on this site will know this. I am still fairley new to GoldWings, but learning every day. If anyone could help I certainly would be appreciative and would return the favor with any automotive or electronic questions. I could take the ALC amp apart and figure it out, but that is a last resort. After all, this is the best GoldWing site in the universe. Someone out there has an answer for me.:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

P.S. Thanks Al for your response also.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hi wilddoug. I've attached the James L DavisCBdiagram for the GL1200, which also has the 6 pins at the changer box. I can't say for sure if the gl1100 is the same, but I have a suspicion that the MC box layout is. I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

englishted wrote:
Hi wilddoug. I've attached the James L DavisCBdiagram for the GL1200, which also has the 6 pins at the changer box. I can't say for sure if the gl1100 is the same, but I have a suspicion that the MC box layout is. I hope this helps.
Hi englishted,

Thanks so much for the schematic. That should get me on my way.:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

I knew with the wealth of knowledge on this site, someone could help me out.

Mana to you.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

englishted,

I wanted to thank you again for the schematic. It got me most of the way. I now have a cable made up and everthing seems to work fine with the exception of one thing. I haven't figured out what the six pin on the ALC amp output is. My speakers on the headset work just fine. the cb reception is great and the intercom functions wonderfully. All this is without that sixth pin hooked to anything. By the way, it is the pin in the very center of the din plug. The only functional problem I have is when I transmit on the cb, I get an ear splitting squeal from the headset speakers. I can unplug the speakers and I can still hear the squeal coming from the cb unit. This makes me think it an RF feedback situation. I have shunted the mic input with caps and cap and resister combos to no avail. I've tried a ferrite bead, still no luck. My shielding is good, can't think of anything else to try. The only think that stops the squeal is unplugging the mic. I've been reading the other thread concerning this squealing, and it seams to be an insurmountable problem. I may break down and buy a set of commerically made headsets, but I'm worried that they too may squeal when transmitting. Can anyone share some input on a brand that won't do this.

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.