Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Man that's terrible

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Almost a good day to shoot paint though.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Can't shoot paint until I get the sanding done. And I have plenty of it to do. More than I thought in fact because the saddle bags a traded a set of OEM brown ones in pretty good shape for, that were supposed to be "ready to paint" aren't anywhere near it. From what I can tell someone just shot a coat of black primer over an already bad paint job. So I have LOTS of sanding and filling and sanding and filling and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding...well you get the idea.

And the fairing I have needs some filler work on it as well. And a fairing is a MONSTER to sand to begin with, without adding fill work to the equation.

I'm going to have to buy a set of side covers somewhere to complete the set. Going to do the entire thing. fairing, tank, fenders, saddle bags, trunk, faring lowers and side covers. And I'm going to do it right this time. Still using rattle cans, but the prep work will actually be done correctly, and I'll be putting summin like 12 coats of clear with UV protection with wet sanding every two coats, and a final polish and buff. Then a coat or two of wax and then...

I'm most likely going to sell the whole lot to the highest bidder. Because by then I will b so friggin sick of looking at it I won't want it on my bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.