Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Time to start thinking about the 6th annul MidWest MNG. I know it's still 11 months away from times flies when you're having fun!. This year Flyone & myself will be organizing & running the event.The main "Hangin' Out" place will be the Country Mountain Inn, 1-800-626-7120. For those that want to camp, the Kettle Campground, 1800-899-2267. We will have the same dining arrangements as this year with Burgers on Friday night, a catered BBQ meal on Saturday night & leftovers or whatever you want to do for Sunday night. This worked so well & we manged to raise $500 (through the meals, t-shirts & pins) to give to Steve to help with website expenses. Ideas for next years design are being tossed around & Fly & I would graciously welcome any ideas anyone might have. There are a few other "surprises" in store, but you'll have to wait on those. Looking forward to seeing everyone again & will welcome any "newbies" to the fun! Let the fun begin!

Event Dates - September 3-6, 2010

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Thanks for the KUDOS Jeff. The rest of you just bring it on, I grew up with 4 brothers so a thick skin was a necessity. Also don't worry about all those big words, I gots me a dictionary right here!

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Popeye, Fly & I have already started the process for rides next year. There won't be any "organized" rides per se', but a couple of very knowledgeable riders/members have volunteered their expertise to map out several different routes/loops. The maps will be printed up & available for any and all to peruse at their leisure. That way if there's someone you want to ride with just grab a map, form a group & do your best to destroy a perfectly good fun meter.

P.S. - How's that for some big 'ol fancy high falutin' words?

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
imported post

Better yet, how about water pistols at 7 feet?

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
imported post

Hope to get back up there in a few weeks to see if the roads are still fun. Will let y'all know.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
imported post

With Dave if you blink you may not see him anyway, just the contrails as the wind settles from his passing!

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
imported post

All I know is I'm ready for it to be here now! But in the meantime I'll do my best to keep the roads utilized.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
imported post

Travelled through the area yesterday & the scenery up there is rally getting better. I'm hoping to take a ride up towards ES in a couple of weeks (have to get the honey-do's done to get my kitchen pass validated). Working on something for Mike & Peresita also to thank them for their hopsitality. Will do the trip then. Will keep y'all posted.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
imported post

Don't get in a rush for the hillbilly dikchunary, we spell & talk real slow so it'll take awhile.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
imported post

Y'all spell it your way & I'll spell it mine. Ain't phonetics wunnerful?

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
imported post

Will be mailing out this plaque to Mike & Peresita at Country Mountain Inn for their hospitality at this years event. Thanks to UBARW for adding the graphics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
imported post

Well it was worth a try anyway. If that ever does work I want to see pictures! Was going through some pics tonight and ran across this picture. All 5 Generations of the GoldWing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
imported post

I'm kinda partial to the orange myself. Looking forward to next year. Wish it was here already.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
imported post

Geez, another flatlander gone dillussional on us.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
imported post

Thanks Bert. Next year I hope to get a shot of everyone who attends, both individually & a group shot

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
imported post

That's true Tom. The event is open to any & all who want to show up. I mean come on, if we let Flyone run around with a thong on his head just what do you think our level of standards is?
If a qualifiers are needed here they are;
1) Be Breathing (i.e, have not assumed room temperature)
2) Be a motorcyclist (Brand & Model omitted purposely)
3) Know how to get to Eureka Springs, AR (maps/directions can be provided)
4) Must be capable of destroying a perfectly good Fun Meter with fellowship & camaderie

That should pretty much cover it. CYA at ES next year!

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
imported post

I said motorcyclist, not own a motor cycle. Really big difference. Not all can be owners all the time even though their heart is in it.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
imported post

Not an Old Coot but a very proud "Apprentice Old Fart". Those of us with experience know the difference, you young-un's will just have to wait a few years to be enlightened.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
imported post

Won't beno profilin' at ES this year. There'll prob'ly be a bit of stylin' & maybe some high steppin' but no profilin'.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
imported post

Well I guess that depends on whether you can behave yourself. Wait a minute, I know that's impossible so I guess there's a chance of you being in trouble.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.