Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Guys, Just found your board and found some good info on it.

I have a question: Has anyone put a 180/70HR/16 Metzler on the rear of a 2001-2004 Goldwing. And if so what do you think? I have a newcomplete set of Metzler's left over from a Honda VTX-1800 that I would like to use. The Honda spec's call for a 180/60HR/16 on the Goldwing.

Thanks,

40ford in Northeast Tennessee USA :18gold:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

40ford wrote:
Guys, Just found your board and found some good info on it.

I have a question: Has anyone put a 180/70HR/16 Metzler on the rear of a 2001-2004 Goldwing. And if so what do you think? I have a newcomplete set of Metzler's left over from a Honda VTX-1800 that I would like to use. The Honda spec's call for a 180/60HR/16 on the Goldwing.

Thanks,

40ford in Northeast Tennessee USA :18gold:
Welcome to the nest 40ford, I have never used this size of tyre on my :18red:From reading the various forums this brand of tyre does'nt get good reports. :crying:The only problem that I could see with fitting this size oftyre is that it might be difficult to get your :18gold: on the centre stand. The tyre would more than likely not clear the ground. :grinner:Im sure Jason our guru will be able to throw more light on this for you. :clapper:My advice would be to fit the stones they are the best on wet or dry. :waving:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

A few people have done this, according to what I too read on the 1800 forums. Redwing is right, the VTX tyre fares badly on the Goldwing. The reason most folks took them off the VTX was because they are no good in the wet and wear too quickly on that bike, they give even worse results on the Wing.

BTW, welcome to our forum, if you get evenhalf as much help as I have in my time here then you will be doing well.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Opinions on tyres are as diverse as those on oil. I guess if you already have the tyres then it's worth trying them out as it will only cost a few dollars to get them fitted. If you don't like them then get rid of them.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

HI:waving: and welcomt to the board ,,if you go back along the pages of this board and the old message board:walker: ,you will find that almost weekly someone asks about tyres ,,I am sure the answers are here already ,,,the conclusion I have come to after reading all the topics on tyres ,is that it all comes down to personal preference,but read them all and it will give you a good guide ...cheers Ciaran:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.