Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Just purchased a set of front brake hoses from a supplier recommended by a well known identity on this forum and found that the supplied hoses were all the same length. They are supposed to be "built to OEM specifications" but came with straight not bent end fittings. The two lower hoses currently fitted to my bike are approx 2 inches longer than those supplied (not such a problem) and the top hose is approx 5 inches shorter. I'm wondering what the correct lengths are and what I should be doing with the extra 5 inches (yeah, yeah. keep your minds out of the gutter).

:grin:

Cheers,

Rob

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

The lower hoses just need to fit when the forks are fully extended (no strain on the hoses). The upper hose is dependant on the height of the handlebars. If the bars have been changed (to something lower than stock) then you might have a difference. So long as there are no kinks in the upper hose it should work.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply Greg. I think I have original bars but I'm not sure. I'd like to try to get a hose the correct length but before I start mouthing of at the supplier I'd like to get my facts straight.
I guess I'd just like to know the length of an original top hose.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

No, not yet.I just want to get my facts straight first.

I guess I can send them an email and justsee what they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.