Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 75 gl1000 and was curious to know what pressure I should keep the front forks at. Also, when I hit the front or rear brake, the light for the tail light lights up on the guage cluster . All the lights work. Was curious to know if this is normal or what should I look for. And the final question, I know these bikes are known for the charging system problems. Was curious to know if any one has installed an ammeter guage, and if so, how was it done, or is there another suggestion that I should do. Any information is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
imported post

if I remember right the 1975 goldwing did not come with air assist on the front forks

and if the brake and tail lights are working and the indicator light is coming on it could be a ground problem or the other thing is did someone put a led replacement bulb in the rear tail light assembly that would cause the indicator light to come on since the led draws so little power

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

75 goldwing . no air in shocks
the light thing is an indicator telling you all is normal.
and amp gauge is useless. the system only produces 500 watts.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

yep I just looked it up in the manual. if the head indicator comes on the light is good and so on with the rest of them. brake , taiindicator on when switch is used indicates a good functioning system. all controled by the reserve lighting controller.
if you look in the small owners manual you will find the same thing.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the replies. The bike is stock and as far as I can tell, the front forks are air assist. And, as for the light, is should be on when I apply the brakes? What about when I turn in the turn signal, should it blink when i am not holding the brake?

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

From the official Honda service manual:

"The "Tail" indicator light goes on when the stop switch is operated, provided the stop lamp is in good condition".

So it looks like that is normal.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

someone has switched front forks on the bike as the stock 1000 did not have an air assist on the front fork.

steve

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,793 Posts
imported post

Check out Randal Washington's site for a lot of good info on the gl1000.

www.randakks.com

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
imported post

You probably have aftermarket fork caps with air fittings & a gauge ? I have similar upgrade on my '79...run 15-20 PSI should be fine...Carsh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.