Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted advise from anyone, that may have idea, what my newest problem is going to be.... The other day was riding 76 gold wing ( 40,000 miles on it )..slow and felt the bike pulling a little even with clutch in.. Then drove up to 55, and any higher, would just rev up. Drove into town, and could barely keep it moving at 10 mph. Now , I can put it in neutral, and step on gear shift and can hear the normal sound when going to gear...but no movement at all, when I give it gas.... some have said clutch slipped, other say pion in tranmission...any suggestion....either way I have to take in,

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Check your cable and operating levers for free movement. You have problems with slipping, AND not disengaging. Once you are sure there is no restriction on the outside, you may need to remove the clutch assy and check for binding plates/discs.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Possible drive line splines bad? Pull rear wheel see how things look. Didn`t put any Slick 50, or Energy Conseving oil in by chance did you?
Gumbyred

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
When was your last oil change and what did you use?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Did you or someone else recently adjust the clutch? I did it once and didn't tighten the clamp under the clutch cover and it slipped enough to exhibit symptoms like yours. I would do a complete check of the cable operation starting under the clutch cover, up to the lever before more drastic..read expensive procedures. If you haven't gotten a shop manual, this is a time where it will pay for itself.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Check your cable and operating levers for free movement. You have problems with slipping, AND not disengaging. Once you are sure there is no restriction on the outside, you may need to remove the clutch assy and check for binding plates/discs.
+1...cable first. GL1000's are notorious for clutch cable issues. If that isn't it sure sounds like a clutch issue. In nearly every case tran or driveshaft issues are accompanied by considerable mechanical noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.