Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have searched for how to replace the seals but didnt seem to find anyhing. if anyone can direct me to a good tutorial on how to replace the fork seals on my 77 gold wing i would apreciate it. I want to do this job over the winter becuase the oil gets on one of my rotors. thanks

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

I'm glad you asked first, I didn't and had a hard time with it. After I took out the spring I could not get the screw out it kept spinning, someone finally told me to put a broom handle down shaft and I finally got it out.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

On the 1200 if the lower bolt is turning, removing the anti dive unit provides an opening where you can place a bar in order to lock the inner piston in place while undoing the bolt.
Dont know if the 1100 has the anti dive

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Another way that works, is to remove fork, drain oil, remove spring. Turn fork over and place it on a block of wood, and use a hand impact driver with the correct allen head. Rap it with a hammer, and bolt will come loose.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
On the 1200 if the lower bolt is turning, removing the anti dive unit provides an opening where you can place a bar in order to lock the inner piston in place while undoing the bolt.
Dont know if the 1100 has the anti dive
Only the '83 has the trac anti dive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.