Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I took the bike out for a ride last Sunday and when I got to the end of my street the back brake felt like trying to press down a brick. Sadly turned around and went back home ( I really wanted to ride).

Here is the history:

Brakes had never shown a trick before. Bike had been sitting on the center stand for 3-4 days. Bike had gone trough a rain of epic per portions a few days earlier.

I have sprayed down the pivots with PB Blaster over the last few days. The pedal has returned toclose to the original stiffness but will not return to the up position when pressure is released. The spring appears to loading as the pedal is pressed. The brakes are not stuck you can pull the pedal up and they release.

I need ideas. Do I have a weak spring? Is there something in the pivot joint that is bad? Does the hydraulics have anything to do with the pedal coming back up?

Help I would really like to go riding Sunday afternoon.

Thanks in advance

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Easy fix. The brake pedal is held on with a large cotter pin and washer. Disconnect the M/C and light switch and then remove that large Cotter pin and washer. Work the lever off the shaft. Clean the shaft and the inside of the brake pivot with some sand paper and grease then reinstall. This is a very common problem.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks Whiskerfish. I will give that a try tomorrow.

I assume from the handle that you enjoy the great sport of Catfishing. I too enjoy the quest of the gretest fresh water fish alive.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

If I did not have a couple hundred pounds on the stringer after a night on the river then it was a bad night:cool: Gas got too expensive so I sold my boat. Have not been out in years now:X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.