Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for some carb kits for my 77 gl1000, Looking on ebay they show some that fit 75-79 others give specific years, but no 77's,

Are they all the same, or do I have to spend the big bucks and get them from the dealer.

Thanks I'm confused:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Gearhead76 wrote:
I'm looking for some carb kits for my 77 gl1000, Looking on ebay they show some that fit 75-79 others give specific years, but no 77's,

Are they all the same, or do I have to spend the big bucks and get them from the dealer.

Thanks I'm confused:baffled:
If they don't have jets they're all the same. If they do have jets they are year-specific. If you need jets with your carb kits, and if there's '75 kits available, get the '75. The '75 jets will fit and the jetting on the '75 was much better than the '77.

I thought you just rebuilt your carbs???

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I did but I didn't buy the rebuild kit, I was cheap, Still doesn't idle good, so now I'll do it right,

Will a 76 carb kit and jets work, and if I get the 75 or 76 kit, do I still have to put the spacer under the needle, anduse thesmallerslow air jet.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Gearhead76 wrote:
I did but I didn't buy the rebuild kit, I was cheap, Still doesn't idle good, so now I'll do it right,

Will a 76 carb kit and jets work, and if I get the 75 or 76 kit, do I still have to put the spacer under the needle, anduse thesmallerslow air jet.

Thanks
Well... it will probably go faster this time! The following website has all the info you'll need for the '76. By putting '76 jets in, you'll convert your '77 carbs to '76.

http://www.randakks.com/

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.