Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I got the carbs all apart and cleaned, I put the Washer under the needles, I'll get the different slow air jets #98 on monday, Is therre any thing else on these carbs that should be changed before I put them back togeather. Are the original jets good sized or should I go bigger,

I've used carb dip on the carb bodies

I've cleaned every jet and air passage with Carb clean, Guitar string, and compressed air,

Old guitar string works great to get into all the little holes, You find a string thats smaller then the hole, push it through bend the other end a little bit, then work it back and fourth with some carb clean, Works Great.

Well If theres any other ideas let me know before I get these back togeather

You guys rock:clapper:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Be sure to use new gaskets on the airbox seals (between the carbs and the box itself.

I did not disturb these when I did mine the first time and man did it give me grief!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
Pay very careful attention to how you set the floats. Their adjustment is critical to proper engine operation.

Vic
I second what Goldwinger said about the floats... they have to be set to EXACTLY 21mm.

When you put the washers under the needles, make sure the washers don't get hung up above where they're supposed to be seated. Otherwise the needles will be too high... the washers have to have the same or smaller outside diameter as the needle heads.

Also, make sure the needles have some free play - they should feel loose. To attain this loosness the barrel-shaped screw that goes down on top of the needles must be turned out 1/8-1/4 turn. To keep this screw from coming loose after turning it out, usea small amount of blue Loctite on the threads.

Don't change any of the other jets. Other than the secondary needle and slow air jet the factory jets are good to go. Be sure that the jets under the kidney-shaped plate are not reversed (we can thank the Clymer manual for that one). The #120 (bigger one) must be outboard, toward the head, away from the plenum.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

If you find that the bike backfires, you might have to put a rebuild kit into the air cut-off valve. It's the thing on top ofthe forward-right side of theplenum with a vacuum hose going to it.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I got her back together tonight, I just gotta pick up some plugs tomorrow, then we'll see what I got,

I'll let you know,

Thanks for all the help

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I got her synced out and she runs great, no backfires or anything,

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts