Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Original black 1977 GL1000. I've restored almost the whole thing; still needs the carbs rebuilt but starts and runs great. New tires, wheel bearings, fully rebuilt front and rear brake calipers and stainless pistons, rebuilt front and rear master cylinders, front stainless brake lines (black sheathing so they look OEM), rebuilt front forks with progressive springs, rebuilt head set, original muffler with new ceramic paint in perfect condition, electronic ignition, sealed battery, and much much much more. All parts have been sandblasted and powder coated or painted as I've removed them, such as the triple tree, calipers, etc. Body paint and chrome is all original. I've spent more money than I want to add up on OEM Honda parts and other parts from Randakk (sp?) and other naked Goldwing forum members and suppliers.

I bought this bike from a seller in Florida about 5 years ago and drove it home to Indiana - it was already in great shape. Since then, I've been riding it on long trips each summer (1 or 2 2500 mile trips each summer) and working to make it a mint condition bike each winter one area at a time. My riding buddy and dad is aging and sold his bike and is no longer riding, so I haven't been riding either. Time to sell this bike until a later season in life. I have a windshield and back rack I'll include.

If any on this forum wants to take a look, let me know. I paid $2100 for the bike and have invested another $2000+. Not sure what the bike is worth, but I'll think about reasonable offers. Thanks!

Kenneth

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

That is a seriously pretty bike. You've done a great job, hope you get what you want for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.