Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently installed new handle bars, and found a wiring mess (under left tank cover) as most wires were just taped and a twisted nightmare (but worked). Following the schematic (shop manuel) I am left with a bk/br from eng stop sw, and a bk from start button going nowhere? ................... Now from the frame harness I have two bk wires (one has 12v. sw on) the other has no v.but shows open to frame ground...?

All the remaining wires found there mate...Any help???:?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Well there is a bk/or(br?) that goes to the 10 amp fuse for the headlight but it's on the starter switch to turn off the headlight when you push the start button. There is a black wire that goes to the ignition switch and the regulator and there is a resistor in the line on it's way from the starter switch tot eh stop switch too..

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply...The black and brown stripe wire comes from the engine stop switch thru the bar to ?? where

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

mercy..... you need to download the shop manuel to get wiring right... I bet someone hooked a vetter fairing and did the slash and burn to the wires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.