Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My rear chock bumpers (round rubber like pieces on the rods of the rear shocks) on my 77 'Wing are completely worn out causing a "BANG" when I hit a bump. The dealer says that they are no longer available from Honda. Has anyone found a replacement?

Thank You,

B. J. Baum

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

You might try a place that installs shocks on cars. They might have something that would work. Otherwise try an internet search.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

B. J. Baum wrote:
My rear chock bumpers (round rubber like pieces on the rods of the rear shocks) on my 77 'Wing are completely worn out causing a "BANG" when I hit a bump. The dealer says that they are no longer available from Honda. Has anyone found a replacement?

B. J. Baum, those are called jounce bumpers (actually in your case internal jounce bumpers)..

As axelwik, said you couldtry to rob them out of some automotive shocks or small rod struts but most automotive applications use external jounce control so don't have much if anything in the shock for jounce control..

Automotive front struts would have a much better chance of having jounce bumpers on them but most of those have larger rods so the inside hole in the bumper would be larger..

You might try a local auto parts store as there must be some replicable jounce bumpers available that will have the correct sized hole in them..

Urethane material is probably the best material to use as it has better energy absorption than rubber & holds up better to a constant beating..

A lot of motorcycles use shock rod mounted jounce control so maybe a later bike might use something that will work (try visiting a local bike shop to see if anything is available)..

You might even try a few off-road performance shops as a lot of off-road performance shocks use high impact absorbing urethane jounce bumpers..

One last thought: try looking on E-Bay, there might be some original shocks for your bike at a very reasonable price..

JDC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.